"No results available" in Term Recognition window even though the entries exist in the termbase and I can see them when I perform a termbase search

Im running SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2 15.2.7.2849 and SDL Multiterm 2019 15.0.6.56482, both u`pdated to the latest versions

For example in Segment 146 term "Wasserfilter" is not displayed in the term recognition window:

But if I search "Wasserfilter" the termbase search window shows the entry:

How can I solve this problem?

Parents
  • Hello, as I am currently facing a similar problem, I found this article on your platform. Termbase is existing, activated in the project, but does not suggest any entries anylonger (using SDL Studio 2017, Windows 10 here).

So far I have tried out different methods to solve this, however not found a solution yet, for instance

- Closed SDL Studio, reboot computer, restart SDL Studio.

- Reorganized existing Termbase in MultiTerm.

- Tried another Termbase.

- Renamed the four relevant XML files in AppData.

Is there anything else I could try at this point? I am in the middle of a major project, which means that Termbase is an invaluable support for a smooth processing. Thanks a lot in advance.

• Hello, as I am currently facing a similar problem, I found this article on your platform. Termbase is existing, activated in the project, but does not suggest any entries anylonger (using SDL Studio 2017, Windows 10 here).

So far I have tried out different methods to solve this, however not found a solution yet, for instance

- Closed SDL Studio, reboot computer, restart SDL Studio.

- Reorganized existing Termbase in MultiTerm.

- Tried another Termbase.

- Renamed the four relevant XML files in AppData.

Is there anything else I could try at this point? I am in the middle of a major project, which means that Termbase is an invaluable support for a smooth processing. Thanks a lot in advance.

Children
  • Hi 

Are you running the latest version of Studio 2017 and the corresponding latest version of MultiTerm?

Have you run a Windows Repair on both Studio and the MultiTerm components via Control Panel > Programs and Features, as described here:

Repairing your installation of SDL Trados Studio

and here:

Repairing your installation of SDL MultiTerm Desktop

Did you try removing the termbase and re-adding it?

If you've done all of the above, you could try creating a new project and adding all the components to it. You can add the sdlxliff file/s and process the project as 'Analyse Only'. I always do this if I have a problematic project and it usually solves whatever problems I'm having.

If none of this works, please create a NEW thread describing your problem in detail and how it occurred then someone at SDL will be able to give you a case number (if they still support Studio 2017, which I think they do...) so that someone in Support can link up to your computer and take a look at what is happening.

All the best,

Ali Slight smile