"No results available" in Term Recognition window even though the entries exist in the termbase and I can see them when I perform a termbase search

Im running SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2 15.2.7.2849 and SDL Multiterm 2019 15.0.6.56482, both u`pdated to the latest versions

For example in Segment 146 term "Wasserfilter" is not displayed in the term recognition window:

But if I search "Wasserfilter" the termbase search window shows the entry:

How can I solve this problem?

• Please be careful with your content.  The solution suggested by Ali did work so there was no need for your post at all, and you are verging on too much self promotion in here which will be frowned upon and does raise complaints.  It's absolutely no problem to share your solution if it will help solve a particular problem.  But that isn't the case here for at least the following reasons:

• Tb-Scout isn't free - just noting this as you have not mentioned it
    • Tb-Scout isn't integrated with Studio so isn't a solution to this users problem anyway
    • better alternatives to work interactively that might be worth investigating would be these for example:

So one free and one paid.  Might be worth investigating.

It might also be worth looking at Language Cloud for Trados Studio 2019, or SDL Trados Live Essentials for Trados Studio 2021, where you have a cloud based terminology solution at your disposal and this is also interesting.

But having said that... MultiTerm isn't that bad.  Definitely rough around the edges but quite flexible and good enough for the majority of users once you get used to its quirks.  Can always be improved however.

• Please be careful with your content.

My content is perfectly legitimate, based on facts. This comment about my comment to me is tantamount to censure.

• Tb-Scout isn't free - just noting this as you have not mentioned it

The demo version has in and of itself a decent level of functionality. Anything wrong with charging for my work?

Besides, I offered you and SDL staff a free Product License Key to which you did not reply. 

I've contacted a number of people before saying basically please help me take a look at the newer version of my application and I'll give you a free license. If someone contact me in a friendly manner I have no problem giving away a free Product License Key. I don't work just for money. I love what I do and I have plenty to share.

Cheers!

Ozzie

• This comment about my comment to me is tantamount to censure.

Well... if it was I would have simply removed it.

On related topics, I am certain that SDL Studio and SDL MultiTerm have limited capabilities to deal with SDL termbases, for instance, searching a termbase is usually a slow and not always fruitful process. That is the reason why, of necessity, I created Tb-Scout v2.0 (version 1.0 was released back in 2017). I did not just complaint, I created an effective and practical solution (that is my style of work, in general): https://tbscout20.translationist.com/.  Try this, just one of the many evidences I have to my claim. Open SDL MultiTerm Desktop, open a termbase, one with, say, 30,000 terms,  run an "Advanced Search" and look for duplicates. SDL MultiTerm Desktop may take minutes to complete the task and then finally show a crammed list, whereas with Tb-Scout v2.0 it will only take a few seconds (seconds!) and will provide you with a neat and clickable list that will land on that term directly in SDL MultiTerm Desktop.

What does this have to do with the original posters question?  If all the software developers who sell their solutions started to do this by commenting out of context in posts where users were looking for help I'm pretty sure we would have users complaining.  For me this is pure advertising which I have already seen you do in here and I have not censored you:

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/openexchange_applications/31397/a-new-and-practical-way-of-searching-finding-and-exporting-sdl-termbases-meet-tb-scout-v2-0-the-sdl-multiterm-explorer

I even shared it!

I am just asking you nicely to be considerate with your posts and advertising for a product you are trying to sell.

• But having said that... MultiTerm isn't that bad.  Definitely rough around the edges

Paul, you just have not tested it.

• The demo version has in and of itself a decent level of functionality. Anything wrong with charging for my work?

Besides, I offered you and SDL staff a free Product License Key to which you did not reply. 

I'm finding it difficult to understand why you are reacting this way.  I didn't reply to your email on the free keys yet because they aren't of any use for us as you know.  We use 64-bit versions of Office and we don't use Office 365.  So we can't even test how useful your product is.  I also have plenty to do and don't reply quickly to all the emails I get.  I did however spend part of my Sunday fixing your submission and improving it aesthetically and publishing it for you.

I really think you should stop now.

• I am having the same problem in Studio 2019 15.2.8.3007. Multiterm often doesn't work and reorganization doesn't work either. Very annoying and I hope Trados finally finds a solution. I had the same problem in Studio 2017 and upgraded to 2019 hoping that it would solve the problem. Unfortunately, it didn't. No doubt, I will be advised to upgrade to the latest Studio version.I don't like opening and closing Studio, as I often work on several projects, which subsequently need to be reopened.

• Neither was it solved in 2021. All those reorganization and restart "workarounds" have very short effect according to my experience.
    Hi ,
    How is your termbase today, 10 month later? Was the reorganization fix permanent?

• Hello, as I am currently facing a similar problem, I found this article on your platform. Termbase is existing, activated in the project, but does not suggest any entries anylonger (using SDL Studio 2017, Windows 10 here).

So far I have tried out different methods to solve this, however not found a solution yet, for instance

- Closed SDL Studio, reboot computer, restart SDL Studio.

- Reorganized existing Termbase in MultiTerm.

- Tried another Termbase.

- Renamed the four relevant XML files in AppData.

Is there anything else I could try at this point? I am in the middle of a major project, which means that Termbase is an invaluable support for a smooth processing. Thanks a lot in advance.

• Hi , as you said, all those tricks have a very short effect and lastly the same problem occurs again and again. I think this problem should be solved by the developers of SDL. Unfortunately there is nothing be can do as users.

• Hi 

Are you running the latest version of Studio 2017 and the corresponding latest version of MultiTerm?

Have you run a Windows Repair on both Studio and the MultiTerm components via Control Panel > Programs and Features, as described here:

Repairing your installation of SDL Trados Studio

and here:

Repairing your installation of SDL MultiTerm Desktop

Did you try removing the termbase and re-adding it?

If you've done all of the above, you could try creating a new project and adding all the components to it. You can add the sdlxliff file/s and process the project as 'Analyse Only'. I always do this if I have a problematic project and it usually solves whatever problems I'm having.

If none of this works, please create a NEW thread describing your problem in detail and how it occurred then someone at SDL will be able to give you a case number (if they still support Studio 2017, which I think they do...) so that someone in Support can link up to your computer and take a look at what is happening.

All the best,

Ali Slight smile