SDL Trados Studio
SDL Trados GroupShare
SDL Trados Business Manager
SDL Trados Live
SDL Speech to Text
SDL Managed Translation - Enterprise
Translation Management Connectors
SDL LiveContent S1000D
SDL Contenta S1000D
SDL Tridion Docs
SDL Tridion Sites
SDL Content Assistant
SDL Machine Translation Cloud
SDL Machine Translation Connectors
SDL Machine Translation Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
SDL User Experience
Language Products - GCS Internal Community
SDL Community Internal Group
SDL Access Customer Portal
SDL Professional Services
SDL Training & Certification
Language Technology Partner Group
SDL Academic Partners
SDL Approved Trainers
SDL Enterprise Technology Partners
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Machine Translation User Group
Nordic SDL Tridion Docs User Group
SDL Tridion UK Meetup
SDL Tridion User Group New England
SDL Tridion West Coast User Group
SDL WorldServer User Group
Tridion Docs Europe & APAC User Group
Tridion User Group Benelux
Tridion User Group Ohio Valley
SDL MultiTerm Ideas
SDL Passolo Ideas
SDL Trados GroupShare Ideas
SDL Trados Studio Ideas
SDL Machine Translation Cloud Ideas
SDL Machine Translation Edge Ideas
SDL Language Cloud TMS Ideas
SDL Language Cloud Terminology Ideas
SDL Language Cloud Online Editor Ideas
SDL Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
SDL TMS Ideas
SDL WorldServer Ideas
SDL Tridion Docs Ideas
SDL Tridion Sites Ideas
SDL LiveContent S1000D Ideas
SDL Contenta S1000D
SDL XPP Ideas
Events & Webinars
To SDL Documentation
To SDL Support
What's New in SDL
Detecting language please wait for.......
I have just downloaded and installed the LATEST versions of Studio and Multiterm and I'm having the following problem with Multiterm.
Whenever I'm working on a project with a term base loaded, it works fine for some time. Then, at some point, the term base disconnects from the project and its terms no longer appear in the Term panel. When I open the project settings, the error mentioned in the post title pops up (framed as a question). If I click "yes", it keeps popping up, now framed as an error. I can't do anything from then on apart from removing the term base, closing the project, reopening the project and loading again the term base. Until it all happens again at some random moment.
My software is up to date:
SDL Trados Studio 2021 SR1 - 22.214.171.12496
SDL MultiTerm 2021 SR1 - 126.96.36.1991
I also tried to uninstall, reload it and install it again.
Note that this also happens with termbases built with this very Multiterm version.Thank you for your help.
Hello Valentina Luridiana Galati ,
Were you already working on this project when you updated Studio/MultiTerm?
If you create a new project, do you still observe the same behaviour?
Where are your Termbases saved? Locally or in the cloud?
I would perhaps suggest first a Studio Repair-
You can also try SDL Freshstart
and ensure that both Studio and MultiTerm are added to your AntiVirus exceptions list.
Hi Steven,Thank you for your swift reply.
The problem described happened with three projects (which are literally the only ones run on my brand-new Trados 2021): all of them where created anew, and two of them were very small practice projects (simple doc file of less than 20 segments, termbase with 5 term pairs introduced manually into multiterm).
Everything was saved locally.
In case this is relevant, I'm running my Windows on a virtual machine on a Mac and I am under the impression (though not sure) that the problem tend to arise whenever I leave the computer idling for a long period.I will explore the possibilities you suggest and let you know what happens. Thank you for now!
Update 1: I tried Repair, but the path mentioned on the SDL page (i.e.
is not what I see on my computer (which is a straight "Uninstall"). I haven't done it as I have already tried it once, to no avail. I will try now the other suggestions and keep you updated.
Update 2: I'm not even able to download Freshstart. Whenever I try to download it, I'm urged to login; I then login into my account but, as soon as I click on the appstore, I'm logged out and the whole cycle starts again. I wondered if they were two separate account spaces (say, SDL customers vs developers), but if I try to sign up it won't let me as my email is recognized.So another cul-de-sac.