Trados Business Manager
Speech to Text
Managed Translation - Enterprise
Translation Management Connectors
Language Weaver Connectors
Language Weaver Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
RWS User Experience
RWS Community Internal Group
RWS Access Customer Portal
RWS Professional Services
RWS Training & Certification
RWS Enterprise Technology Partners
Trados Academic Partners
Trados Approved Trainers
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Machine Translation User Group
Nordic Tridion Docs User Group
Tridion Docs Europe & APAC User Group
Tridion UK Meetup
Tridion User Group Benelux
Tridion User Group New England
Tridion User Group Ohio Valley
Tridion West Coast User Group
WorldServer User Group
Trados GroupShare Ideas
Trados Studio Ideas
Language Weaver Ideas
Language Weaver Edge Ideas
RWS Language Cloud TMS Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Terminology Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Online Editor Ideas
Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
Tridion Docs Ideas
Tridion Sites Ideas
LiveContent S1000D Ideas
Events & Webinars
To RWS Documentation
To RWS Support
Detecting language please wait for.......
I have added termbase and am also able to "add new terms". Through termbase viewer also able to see those added terms. But when I perform termbase search even though I am able to see the word, the search is not retrieving any result. I am new to trados and your help to use termbase will be great.
Thank you for the details, SethuRaman Arunachalam. I have a few suggestions for you:
1. Please make sure that both your Trados Studio and MultiTerm are up to date - you can check available updates by accessing…
Hi SethuRaman Arunachalam,
Do you mean that your Term Recognition window says "No results available.", or that the terms from there aren't automatically introduced in the target segment? Thank you!
Thanks for reply.
Initially i dded the term through "Add new term". It appeared in the "Term viewer" but not in "Term search" .
After that I added through "Quick new term" and following that it is appearing in both "term vewer" and , "term search".
Also when auto suggestion or when the cursor is howered and the words appear feature---function.
1. Please make sure that both your Trados Studio and MultiTerm are up to date - you can check available updates by accessing the software and going to Help > Check for Updates (applicable to both of them).
2. When you add a term in the Termbase, please make sure you add both the source and the target version. You can add it either by Add New Term or Quick Add New Term and, in both situations, the term should appear in Term Recognition/Termbase Search.
3. When you search a term in Termbase Search, please make sure you type it correctly - the best way is to copy and paste it. Also, you can apply Fuzzy Search (the first icon, the one with a telescope), which should find any similar term(s) to the one you're searching for.
4. Again, when you search a term, please make sure you press ENTER after you've typed it, otherwise, the search won't launch.
I hope this helps. Please let me know if you've followed all these steps and you still have issues (which you certainly shouldn't).
SDL Customer Experience Specialist