Changing categories in MultiTerm termbases

Last week, I created a really complex termbase definition. Now I changed my mind about a category, and I would like to remove it from the definition. I have not entered a single term in the termbase, and in the Termbank Manager it says 0 Terms, 0 Entries. Still I get an error message along the lines of “The termbank selected is not empty and cannot be changed as requested”. Any idea what I can do to manipulate the category?

And note: even if the termbank was not empty, I think MultTerm should allow deleting categories after showing an appropriate dialogue with a warning!

Thanks in advance!
Eva

Parents
  • You will have long-since solved this one way or another, but for the benefit of anyone else stumbling on this question ...

I had exactly the same problem (new, empty database throwing this error message when I tried to remove something from the structure).

My solution was to create a new database based on the old one and immediately, before doing anything else, go in and remove the unwanted fields.

• You will have long-since solved this one way or another, but for the benefit of anyone else stumbling on this question ...

I had exactly the same problem (new, empty database throwing this error message when I tried to remove something from the structure).

My solution was to create a new database based on the old one and immediately, before doing anything else, go in and remove the unwanted fields.

Children
  • If you have access to it (as part of Studio 2021 or Trados Live) have a look at Trados Live Terminology in the browser and integrated with Studio.

One of the USPs of the new Terminology solution is adressing this gap, allowing Termbase structure changes on a current termbase which was a technical limitation of MultiTerm we adressed with Trados Live Terminology Thumbsup

Luis Lopes,
    RWS Product Management