Deepl pretranslation fails with 'start tag does not have a matching end tag'

Hello everyone,

I created a test file, so everyone should be able to reproduce the error.

Test file:

deepL_MT_error.docx.sdlxliff.zip

Error message:

sdlerror-2018101-11h22m38s.sdlerror.xml
<SDLErrorDetails time="01.10.2018 11:22:44">
  <ErrorMessage>The start tag with ID '14' does not have a matching end tag within the segment.</ErrorMessage>
  <Exception>
    <Type>Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryTools.InvalidSegmentContentException, Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryTools, Version=1.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888</Type>
    <HelpLink />
    <Source>Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryTools</Source>
    <HResult>-2146233088</HResult>
    <StackTrace><![CDATA[   bei Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryTools.MarkupDataSegmentBuilder.CheckForUnclosedContainers()
   bei Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryTools.MarkupDataSegmentBuilder.VisitLinguaSegment(Segment segment)
   bei Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryTools.SegmentBuilderWithTagApplier.ApplyTags(Segment segment, ISegment segmentToSearchIn, IAbstractMarkupDataContainer documentContent)
   bei Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryTools.SegmentBuilderWithTagApplier.ApplyTags(SearchResult searchResult, ISegment segmentToSearchIn, IAbstractMarkupDataContainer documentContent, Penalty memoryTagDeletedPenalty)
   bei Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.CreateTranslation(TaskSegmentSearchData segmentSearchData, SearchResult searchResult)
   bei Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.TranslationMemoryLookupImpl.GetBestTranslation(ParagraphUnitId paragraphUnitId, SegmentId segmentId)
   bei Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.Translate.TranslateContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   bei Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   bei Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.OutputParagraphs()
   bei Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.ProcessWaitingParagraphs()
   bei Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.FileComplete()
   bei Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.BilingualApi.AbstractBilingualContentProcessor.FileComplete()
   bei Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.FileComplete()
   bei Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.FileComplete()
   bei Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.FileComplete()
   bei Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.FileComplete()
   bei Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.BilingualApi.AbstractBilingualContentProcessor.FileComplete()
   bei Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.FileComplete()
   bei Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.OnEndFile()
   bei Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.SdlXliffFeeder.<ContinueScanning>b__2(ISdlXliffStreamContentHandler handler)
   bei System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
   bei Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.SdlXliffFeeder.ContinueScanning()
   bei Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ContinueParsing()
   bei Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseNext()
   bei Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ParseNext()
   bei Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
   bei Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
   bei Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.TaskExecution.ContentProcessingTaskImplementation.TaskFileExecuter.Parse(String targetFilePath)]]></StackTrace>
  </Exception>
  <Environment>
    <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
    <ProductVersion>14.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
    <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>14.0.5889.5</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
    <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise</OperatingSystem>
    <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
    <OperatingSystemLanguage>1031</OperatingSystemLanguage>
    <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
    <LoggedOnUser>$$$$$</LoggedOnUser>
    <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
    <ComputerName>$$$$$</ComputerName>
    <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
    <PhysicalMemory>33478380 MB</PhysicalMemory>
  </Environment>
</SDLErrorDetails>

I think the second segment is too long for the DeepL Translation Provider, as I'm not getting any matches in the Editor either. I guess, since it's not able to process the whole sentence, the end tag is missing, which is why Studio gives me the error message.

I know that there will always be segments that cannot be translated with the engine. What bothers me is that the whole pretranslation fails when one segment is causing problems.

Would it be possible that the plugin skips segments that cannot be translated and goes on with the rest of the document? In the actual state, the pretranslation fails completely and I have to lock the problematic segments manually in order to get a pretranslation for the rest of the document.

EDIT:

Sorry, I forgot about the plugin Version I'm using: it's V 3.2

Parents Reply Children