projectAnonymizer bug

Hi,

when using projectAnonymizer with some strings there is a bug that where does not replace the strings as it should but mixes them around instead and partly even duplicates part of the string and leaves it unchanged for 1 copy of it.

There is no difference whether to use a complex rule to catch all the strings to be converted or multiple smaller rules to catch them one by one. So I either leave these rules out or rearrange strings in Notepad++ manually...

Rules applied:

for seg 3 and 5:

{\d, date, long}|((\()?{[0-9], plural, (=1|one|other) {(#|[0-9])?)|(} other(\s)?{(#(\s)?)?)|(}}(\))?)

for seg 66:

({\d, select, (WITH_NAME|ADMIN){({\d})?)|(} other{)|(({{|{)(?!(font|page|credit)(s)?)((#)?\d+|[a-zA-Z]+((\s|_)[a-zA-Z]+)*))?(}}|})|(}}|})

Starting point:

Result:

I guess you can see what went wrong. Maybe the devs can find out why it ran wrong.

I'm setting up my regex expressions with RegexBuddy before entering them into projectAnonymizer and I also found out that projectAnonymizer sometimes seems to handle the rules differently.

regards,

Pascal

Parents Reply
  • Hi ,

That's sad as many translators will not be able to profit from these changes as they did not switch to 2019 due to too high costs for such poor/few changes made from 2017 to 2019 version. Especially those who have a professional version. It's cheaper to stick to 2017 for most translators (as you mentionned yourself in one of your blogs if I remember well (as well as some other bloggers did)). It would at least be nice to offer a 2017 version of the Suite.

Part of the Anonymizer 2017 version has been updated though, so I don't see any point why the product would be left only partly updated and not working at all if at least partly worked before.
Children