projectAnonymizer bug

Hi,

when using projectAnonymizer with some strings there is a bug that where does not replace the strings as it should but mixes them around instead and partly even duplicates part of the string and leaves it unchanged for 1 copy of it.

There is no difference whether to use a complex rule to catch all the strings to be converted or multiple smaller rules to catch them one by one. So I either leave these rules out or rearrange strings in Notepad++ manually...

Rules applied:

for seg 3 and 5:

{\d, date, long}|((\()?{[0-9], plural, (=1|one|other) {(#|[0-9])?)|(} other(\s)?{(#(\s)?)?)|(}}(\))?)

for seg 66:

({\d, select, (WITH_NAME|ADMIN){({\d})?)|(} other{)|(({{|{)(?!(font|page|credit)(s)?)((#)?\d+|[a-zA-Z]+((\s|_)[a-zA-Z]+)*))?(}}|})|(}}|})

Starting point:

Result:

I guess you can see what went wrong. Maybe the devs can find out why it ran wrong.

I'm setting up my regex expressions with RegexBuddy before entering them into projectAnonymizer and I also found out that projectAnonymizer sometimes seems to handle the rules differently.

regards,

Pascal

Parents Reply
  • Hi

I disagree with you that there was not a lot in it.

multifarious.filkin.com/.../

I also think all translators should take a support & maintenance contract and then they won't even have to think about it:

multifarious.filkin.com/.../

However, for us the projectAnonymizer and the TMAnonymizer really go together and we made wide reaching changes in the 2019 SDL DPS to the underlying code for these apps and only wish to maintain one app. The 2019 version we created contains things that will not work at all on 2017 so we made a decision not to provide this free app for versions below 2019.

Right now we have responsibility for 112 applications (some in the appstore and some not) and a team who are already stretched. So supporting every version, fixing bugs in every version, is not something we can reasonably manage.

The apps we provide in the appstore we provide for free and we make the source code available. So perhaps, the "many" translators you refer to could get together and engage a developer to create a 2017 version for you? There is nothing to stop you doing this.
Children