"MT Comparison" Plugin not showing project files (and Baseline Engine)?

Hi Team,

 

The MT Comparison Plugin is absolutely amazing, as such. Thank you for creating this very much needed feature. 

 

There's one serious  issue which I keep having though, and I cannot quite pinpoint the factors that cause it. In some projects, it works very well. In other projects, it shows an incomplete screen (please see screenshot attached) which is obviously faulty: there are no project files in the right hand column to pick from.

 

(Bizzarely, when that happens, the SDL Baseline engine - which normally sits at the bottom on the list of MT providers - disappears from the list, too, although that specific issue is probably not imminently disasterous.) 

 

Consequently, it is impossible to "generate report" as the click of that button only displays a message that no project files were selected. Which you cannot do as there are none on the screen to select!

 

I don't think project configuration is to blame, this is used for sampling so I specifically tried to keep projects as simple and as identical as possible. But I have noticed that the fault must have  something to do with language selection: while trying to process 4 identical projects, with all the same MT providers included, and the same simple docx file, the PL>EN and PL>FR projects worked like a dream, while the PL>DE and PL>RU produced caused the white screen as attached. I don't think a ever managed to put a single project through that plugin that included German, in fact. 

I saw this discussed in the Community already last December and the conclusion has been that users were using an old version of either Studio or the Plugin - but I suppose I've all newest versions here, Studio Professional Network SR1 v15.1.2.48878 and MT Coomparison Plugin v3.2. 

 

Please help: what shall I do, or what shall I stop doing, to avoid that white-out screen? 

 

Kind regards,

 

Adam

 

 

  • Hello Hello 

    As I am unable to reproduce the issue-

    and you say that it happens sometimes but not always (worth checking thsat you are logged in to to your SDL Account)

    -maybe try completely uninstalling the app from your system

    Studio 2019

    c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15\Plugins\Packages\

    c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15\Plugins\Unpacked\

    c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15\Plugins\Packages\

    c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15\Plugins\Unpacked\

    c:\ProgramData\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15\Plugins\Packages\

    c:\ProgramData\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15\Plugins\Unpacked\

    c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL Community\

    Then reinstall the app direct from the SDL App Store.

    Does this help?

  • Hi

    Thank you very much - although I'm afraid this has not quite helped as yet. 

    I removed the plugin through the plugin manager, then I checked in all these folders - and it wasn't even there any more, to be honest. Which I suppose is correct?

    Thenk I reinstalled the newest version.

    I am logged on to Studio by the way, with my SDL Account details.

     

    Any other ideas what might be causing this? Perhaps some other plugin is are nown to be getting in the way? There is not enough time to be testing individually...

     

    Or why would the behaviour be different for some languages? 

     

    Kind regards,

    Adam

  • Hello ,

    As I have not seen other similar reports and are unable to replicate, would you be able to send me some test files and which MT providers you are using please (swhale@sdl.com) and also which other apps you have installed and i will try to replicate.
  • Hi ,

    Language Cloud dones not have a baseline engine for PL. This is why the plugin doesn't show the engine in the grid.

    In order to double check, follow this steps:

    • Go to Project Settings  -> All Language Pairs -> Translation Memory
    • Click on Use: Select SDL Language Cloud Machine Translation

    • When the window appears you'll see the engines grid empty
    • Even if you are trying to create a new engine: ->click on "Manage Adaptive Engines" -> "New Adaptive Engine" you'll see that Polish is not available in Source Language dropdown

    Kind regards,

    Andrea Ghisa