after using the Studio plugin for DeepL a couple of months, I managed to narrow down another issue we’ve been coming across.
I’m using plugin version 3.8.5 in Studio 2017 SR1 CU14.
Here’s the test file:
Segment 13 contains two non-breaking hyphens. Since they both have the same ID, it seems that the plugin can’t deliver a translation (error message is that an element with the same key has already been added). Now, apart from the problem that the plugin can’t handle those non-breaking hyphens tags (which is not overly dramatic, since in most cases you don’t need them in the translation), when you pre-translate the file using the DeepL Translation provider, the segments before and after segment 13 aren’t pre-translated either. It seems every time the plugin can’t process a segment, the segments before and after aren’t pre-translated. Even if you lock segment 13, the other segments aren’t pre-translated.
I know that in the past there has been a problem with pre-translation stopping completely when there was a problematic segment, so the actual behaviour is a lot better. :-) However, it would be nice if the segments before and after would be pretranslated.
It would be great if you could have a look at this.
Hi Thilo Pawelka , Thank you for reporting this issue. We added it to our Jira backlog and when someone from the team will be available we'll investigate this issue. Kind regards, Andrea Ghisa
Hello Thilo Pawelka
This issue has now been fixed and a new updated version released on the SDL App Store.
Please remove the old version and install the new 3.8.7 version.
Thank you very much for the new version, I just tested it and it fixes the bug perfectly, every segment is now pretranslated.