Detecting language please wait for.......
After updating to SDL Studio 2019 SR1 CU3 55768, SDLXLIFF Converter throws the following error when processing files: "Could not load file or assembly DocumentFormat.OpenXML, Version 126.96.36.199".
It seems that SDLXLIFF Converter has dependency to file "DocumentFormat.OpenXML.dll" needs to be updated to reflect the current version of the file (188.8.131.52) after the updte to SDL Studio 2019 SR1 CU3 55768.
Could you please update the SDLXLIFF Converter so it works as expected with this last Studio update?
Hi Jose Fernandes Munoz de Almeida,
Thank you for reporting this issue. We'll investigate this and we'll come back at you with updates as soon as possible.
Hi @Andrea-Melinda Ghisa
Can you give me a timeline when this will be fixed. My team has the same issue as reported by Jose and we need this fix quickly. The suggested workaround with the DLL does not…
We would like to use this app.
Hope all is good.
I simply wanted to follow-up on this one. Any update you can share with us?
I have just checked and I can still reproduce this issue using the latest version: SDL Studio 2019 SR2.
It's been already 3 months since this was reported and most users will appreciate a fix for this one asap.
Jose Fernandes Munoz de Almeida Núria Gili Nelly Shufflebottom Yannick Delahousse
I'd like to ask why you need this app when most of the features are already part of Studio and the Export to Excel part is covered by the Export to Excel plugin on the appstore?
The reason I'm asking is because it's becoming awkward to keep maintaining this old app for the new versions of Studio and if we can resolve the need for it in a better way I'd prefer the teams spent time on that.
Can you explain why you still need this?
Thanks for reaching out.
The external application seems to offer better performance and Export/Import stability. We have come across situations in which Studio failed to import the bilingual revisions, and we finally solved the situation with the external app.
Also, the external app includes some segment exclusión settings that might come handy in some scenarios.
These would be my main reasons, but I am sure other users would have some additional ones that might encourage SDL to keep supporting the external app.
Apart from a better import stability, our main reason to keep maintaining the external app is because we need to export a bilingual word file but excluding context matches and exact matches. And we cannot do that with the Export for external review feature.
That it why Sdlxliff converter is so useful for us.
I tried that workaround replacing the updated DLL by the previous version DLL and now Sdlxliff converter works but not the Export for external review feature (which we also need for other purposes).
Any idea of how to export a bilingual docx file BUT excluding certain types of segments?
Thanks and best regards,
On top of everything mentioned by Jose and Núria, we are using the app because it does everything that the built-in feature does not do. It's able to update the files from bilingual review even when extra line breaks have been inserted for example.
It's much more robust/stable than built-in bilingual review feature in Trados.
My question to you is what are the differences between the Converter app and the built in feature?
Thanks Jose Fernandes Munoz de Almeida Yannick Delahousse Núria Gili
Andrea-Melinda Ghisa updated the app on the appstore to support Studio 2019 SR2.
Thanks for your feedback. I think we could add more features to the app that provides the Export Excel batch task, but we can't address the missing features in the Studio out of the box feature, nor can we do anything about the robustness.
Might be worth creating an idea at http://ideas.sdl.com for things that are missing as the app may not be around forever.
Thank you so much, Paul and Andrea-Melinda Ghisa.
We will definitely download the updated app.
Hi Paul and Andrea-Melinda Ghisa
Thanks a lot for updating the app, I've tried it now with my version of Trados 2019 and it's working well so I'm happy. I'll definitely create an idea as suggested as we consider this app more useful than the built-in feature.
Many thanks for resolving our issue