Generating Preview

A client of mine has an extremely frustrating problem in Studio when using a server-based translation memory.

If they translate using a server-based TM, each time they confirm a segment, Studio freezes for several seconds (sometimes up to 10 seconds) before it jumps to the next untranslated segment. Can you imagine waiting 5 seconds after each segment, in a file that has 1.000 segments? 

This appears to be an old and unresolved issue. If you google it, you'll see frustrated translators since Studio 2015, all with the same symptoms (https://www.google.com/search?ei=XCIFXb32BcrfwQL82bGQAg&q=sdl+trados+studio+generating+preview&oq=sdl+trados+studio&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.35i39l2j0i67l3j0i20i263j0l3j0i20i263.511815.511815..513875...0.0..0.71.71.1......0....1..gws-wiz.znxpp1HPdP4). My client created several support tickets, but support really did not handle this well. The translators all re-installed Studio and some other stuff (even though it's clearly server-related).

To summarize the traditional suggestions

• The status bar at the bottom of the screen says 'Generating preview'.
  • Re-installing does not help.
  • The preview pane is closed.
  • If I disable the GroupShare TM, it all works fine.
  • I also tried to enable and disable the LookAhead feature, but that had no effect at all.
  • The internet connection is not the problem, the speed is fine.
  • The firewall is not the problem.
  • If another colleague opens the same project file, it all works well.
  • It is not a shortcut problem.

Here's a screenshot of the message:

Has anyone ever managed to solve this?

Parents Reply Children