Detecting language please wait for.......
as of yesterday my DeepL plugin is not working anymore. It just shows an empty segment. I've tried to remove the DeepL translation provider from my project setting and then adding it again, I also tried to use the setting suggested by Paul for retrieving translations translations of draft and translated segments, but to no avail. The Translation Results windows shows an empty target. Of course I've retried all this after having reinstalled the latest plugin.
I am using SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2 22.214.171.1241.
My DeepL account is active. So I think this must be a problem of the plugin for Trados Studio.
Any suggestions welcome!
Thank you very much in advance,
Hi Sabina Fata
Glad you are up and running. We are aware of a few things that can cause this problem for users now after further investiation:
I can't reproduce this so perhaps it's worth checking you have whitelisted these domains in your firewall?
Hello Sabina Fata ,
Which version of DeepL are you using?
If you have recently updated Studio to SR2, I would recommend you remove the plugin and install the new version-
Did this fix the issue?
I posted the version in a link, but maybe it was broken. I downloaded the latest version: 126.96.36.199. for Studio 2019
It seems unlikely that the plugin just stops working from day to the next so we need to try and narrow this down a little. So let's start with a clean up.
Please make sure there are no plugins or unpacked plugins relating to this app in these locations:
c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15\Plugins\Packages\
c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15\Plugins\Unpacked\
c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15\Plugins\Packages\
c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15\Plugins\Unpacked\
c:\ProgramData\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15\Plugins\Packages\
c:\ProgramData\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\15\Plugins\Unpacked\
Then double click the latest sdlplugin you have downloaded and install it again.
thank you very much for your prompt reply. I followed your instructions, removed all instances of the DeepL plugin in the various folders, then I reinstalled the latest plugin, but it still shows an empty segment, just like this:
What language pair are you using?
I'm using Italian to German.
Any news about the DeepL plugin?
Can you send me the file you are using?
the same problem occurs with several file and several language combinations in several projects. I've tried English<->Italian, and German<->Italian.
I've also done some testing and here's what I've found out: the ModernMT plugin shows the same behaviour as the DeepL plugin, whereas Language Cloud MT is working.
I am wondering why the plugin is working on Studio 2017 and not on Studio 2019. Anyway, now I've whiltelisted the two domains, as you suggested, and everything is back to normal :-)
Thank you very much for your help, as always.
This problem could affect any MT provider using the Studio APIs if they don't always return a proper tag structure with the translation. So this could be why you saw this with ModernMT as well. It would be worth reporting this to the modernMT team so they can fix the problem for whatever source file was used.
Thank you, Paul!