SDL Trados Studio
SDL Trados GroupShare
SDL Trados Business Manager
SDL Trados Live
SDL Speech to Text
SDL Managed Translation - Enterprise
Translation Management Connectors
SDL LiveContent S1000D
SDL Contenta S1000D
SDL Tridion Docs
SDL Tridion Sites
SDL Content Assistant
SDL Machine Translation Cloud
SDL Machine Translation Connectors
SDL Machine Translation Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
SDL User Experience
Language Products - GCS Internal Community
SDL Community Internal Group
SDL Access Customer Portal
SDL Professional Services
SDL Training & Certification
Language Technology Partner Group
SDL Academic Partners
SDL Enterprise Technology Partners
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Machine Translation User Group
Nordic SDL Tridion Docs User Group
SDL Tridion UK Meetup
SDL Tridion User Group New England
SDL Tridion West Coast User Group
SDL WorldServer User Group
Tridion Docs Europe & APAC User Group
Tridion User Group Benelux
Tridion User Group Ohio Valley
SDL MultiTerm Ideas
SDL Passolo Ideas
SDL Trados GroupShare Ideas
SDL Trados Studio Ideas
SDL Machine Translation Cloud Ideas
SDL Machine Translation Edge Ideas
SDL Language Cloud TMS Ideas
SDL Language Cloud Terminology Ideas
SDL Language Cloud Online Editor Ideas
SDL Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
SDL TMS Ideas
SDL WorldServer Ideas
SDL Tridion Docs Ideas
SDL Tridion Sites Ideas
SDL LiveContent S1000D Ideas
SDL Contenta S1000D
SDL XPP Ideas
Events & Webinars
To SDL Documentation
To SDL Support
What's New in SDL
Detecting language please wait for.......
I hope your week is going well!
We're having issues with splitting a file with the SDLXLIFF split and merge tool, and it is important that we split it as this would the only way our linguists could work on it.
We installed the app both as standalone and as a plug-in to try all options, but we do get error messages either way.
Depending on the option we pick, be it split the file into equal parts, or after a specified word count, or simply by using either the plug in or the standalone app to perform any of them, we get different error messages. Please see below:
- "The file is corrupt"
- "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"
- "The path could not be located"
We tried everything we could, we don't seem to be able to work it out. Do you know what the issue could be? Would there be a way around that?
Thanks a lot in advance and have a good rest of the day!
The first thing we need to know is what version of Studio are you using and also what version of the app.? If you have the latest stuff then would it be possible to see a copy of the sdlxliff you are attempting to split?
Thanks for your prompt reply.
We do have the latest Studio version as well as the latest app.
Sure, would you mind providing your email address?
Thanks for the file Gabriele Spiteri
Your source file was actually XLIFF 2.0 and it contained (unfortunately) embedded HTML. So your client created a custom XML filetype using the HTML embedded content processor to handle this. This added a lot of complexity to the SDLXLIFF as you now have, in effect, an HTML file for each segment. The Split and Merge app simply can't deal with this.
I created a new XML filetype using the Legacy XML filetype and then it all worked perfectly well. I sent the settings file to you.
In the meantime I'll ask the appstore team to take another look at this and see if they can find a way to handle a file like this... but I have a feeling the answer is going to be no.