SDLXLIFF Split/Merge - Failed to split file

Hi Community,

I hope your week is going well!

We're having issues with splitting a file with the SDLXLIFF split and merge tool, and it is important that we split it as this would the only way our linguists could work on it.

We installed the app both as standalone and as a plug-in to try all options, but we do get error messages either way.

Depending on the option we pick, be it split the file into equal parts, or after a specified word count, or simply by using either the plug in or the standalone app to perform any of them, we get different error messages. Please see below:

- "The file is corrupt"

- "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"

- "The path could not be located"

 

We tried everything we could, we don't seem to be able to work it out. Do you know what the issue could be? Would there be a way around that?

Thanks a lot in advance and have a good rest of the day!

Best,

Gabriele

Parents
  • Thanks for the file

    Your source file was actually XLIFF 2.0 and it contained (unfortunately) embedded HTML.  So your client created a custom XML filetype using the HTML embedded content processor to handle this.  This added a lot of complexity to the SDLXLIFF as you now have, in effect, an HTML file for each segment.  The Split and Merge app simply can't deal with this.

    I created a new XML filetype using the Legacy XML filetype and then it all worked perfectly well.  I sent the settings file to you.

    In the meantime I'll ask the appstore team to take another look at this and see if they can find a way to handle a file like this... but I have a feeling the answer is going to be no.

Reply
  • Thanks for the file

    Your source file was actually XLIFF 2.0 and it contained (unfortunately) embedded HTML.  So your client created a custom XML filetype using the HTML embedded content processor to handle this.  This added a lot of complexity to the SDLXLIFF as you now have, in effect, an HTML file for each segment.  The Split and Merge app simply can't deal with this.

    I created a new XML filetype using the Legacy XML filetype and then it all worked perfectly well.  I sent the settings file to you.

    In the meantime I'll ask the appstore team to take another look at this and see if they can find a way to handle a file like this... but I have a feeling the answer is going to be no.

Children
No Data