SDL Trados Studio
SDL Trados GroupShare
SDL Trados Business Manager
SDL Trados Live
SDL Speech to Text
SDL Managed Translation - Enterprise
Translation Management Connectors
SDL LiveContent S1000D
SDL Contenta S1000D
SDL Tridion Docs
SDL Tridion Sites
SDL Content Assistant
SDL Machine Translation Cloud
SDL Machine Translation Connectors
SDL Machine Translation Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
SDL User Experience
Language Products - GCS Internal Community
SDL Community Internal Group
SDL Access Customer Portal
SDL Professional Services
SDL Training & Certification
Language Technology Partner Group
SDL Academic Partners
SDL Enterprise Technology Partners
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Machine Translation User Group
Nordic SDL Tridion Docs User Group
SDL Tridion UK Meetup
SDL Tridion User Group New England
SDL Tridion West Coast User Group
SDL WorldServer User Group
Tridion Docs Europe & APAC User Group
Tridion User Group Benelux
Tridion User Group Ohio Valley
SDL MultiTerm Ideas
SDL Passolo Ideas
SDL Trados GroupShare Ideas
SDL Trados Studio Ideas
SDL Machine Translation Cloud Ideas
SDL Machine Translation Edge Ideas
SDL Language Cloud TMS Ideas
SDL Language Cloud Terminology Ideas
SDL Language Cloud Online Editor Ideas
SDL Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
SDL TMS Ideas
SDL WorldServer Ideas
SDL Tridion Docs Ideas
SDL Tridion Sites Ideas
SDL LiveContent S1000D Ideas
SDL Contenta S1000D
SDL XPP Ideas
Events & Webinars
To SDL Documentation
To SDL Support
What's New in SDL
Detecting language please wait for.......
I am working on a package sent by the client on a Mac (with the virtual machine paralells and windows and esxcel installed there). I tried to convert an excel file to sdl tb format as suggested by the SDL Manual used by the client. But I could only generate the formats: xdt, xml (as html file) and xdt.log. According to the help menu of the glossary converter the xml format can be used to be uploaded in Multiterm as glossary. But when I upload the xdt format in the term base section I get this the above message. Any idea. Had a look at other similar questions, but I did not get any further there.
right, so this post should moved to the category "SDL AppStore Applications"
I'm going to mark this thread as answered for now as we sorted the problem for Ute yesterday... at least we solved the problem of creating the termbase she needed. I did this using the Glossary Converter and just converted the Multiterm XML by accepting all the fields as simple text fields plus the source and target languages. That was adequate for her for this project.
The problem with the error message isn't resolved yet, but Ute may report back once she has managed to resolve this.
Thank you so much for your help, Paul. I could not look after that further, but once I find the time and I could solve it, I will get back and will report. Thank you so much!
tyr not to use 3rd parties stuffs, but to use "Multiterm Convert"
[Edited: thanks Mr. Paul Filkin]
She is using the Glossary Converter. You mean MultiTerm Convert.