"General error occurred" and "MultiTerm is unable to retrieve the multimedia object"

I am working on a package sent by the client on a Mac (with the virtual machine paralells and windows and esxcel installed there). I tried to convert an excel file to sdl tb format as suggested by the SDL Manual used by the client. But I could only generate the formats: xdt, xml (as html file) and xdt.log. According to the help menu of the glossary converter the xml format can be used to be uploaded in Multiterm as glossary. But when I upload the xdt format in the term base section I get this the above message. Any idea. Had a look at other similar questions, but I did not get any further there.

Parents Reply
  • That picture doesn't help at all as it doesn't show the content of the file...

But I'm guessing you just doubleclick the file and wait for what happens... and it opens it in Internet Explorer, which makes you believe it's an HTML file.
    But that's incorrect assumption. It's - most probably, since I'm guessing only from the file extension visible onthe screenshot - just a normal XML file.

Children
No Data