Random shutdown

After shutting down unexpectedly quite a few times per day, my Studio 2019 opens several Word files in the background with parts of the translated text. Both issues are a tremendous waste of time. Any ideas how to fix this?

Parents
  • Hi

Sometimes if a particular project is causing Studio to crash unexpectedly, it can be resolved by disabling Match Repair here:

HOWEVER, the fact that Word files are opening unexpectedly would indicate that Word and/or Studio are not functioning correctly. The logical first step to try with this is to run a Windows Repair on each of them.

Presuming you're on a PC, here's how you perform a Windows Repair on any software you have installed:

1. Close the application/s you wish to repair.
    2. Open the Control Panel:
      • Windows Vista/7Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
      • Windows 8: Right-click on the screen at bottom-left corner and choose Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.
      • Windows 10: Right-click on Start > Control Panel > Select View by: Small Icons > Programs and Features
      • or you can type 'Control Panel' in the search line on your bottom Windows toolbar then proceed as above.
    3. Click/highlight the relevant application in the list (e.g. SDL Trados Studio 2019, Microsoft Office, etc) and click 'Repair' either on the top toolbar or on the right-click dropdown menu.
    4. Restart the application.
    If that doesn't help, try reinstalling Studio.
    If that doesn't work, then you have the right to contact Installation Help free of charge, here:

installation and licensing help

Select 'Installation' from the 'Case type' dropdown menu.

Someone will help in the next day or two if you give your correct email address.

All the best,

Ali :)

• Hi Alison

I have already tried all the possible solutions mentioned previously in this and other online discussions - repairing, checking conflicts with antivirus program etc. I have also disabled the Match repair function. But thank you, anyway. However, I must say, having seen the same or similar complaints appear repeatedly online, I wonder why SDL does not dig into it and find a technical solution that allows us to concentrate on translating instead of on fixing the software problems. 

Best,

Lais

• Did you try reinstalling Studio?
    If that didn't work, then please contact Installation Help. They will be able to find the technical solution you are asking for:

installation and licensing help

Select 'Installation' from the 'Case type' dropdown menu and give your correct email address.

The repetitive opening of Word is not a common recurrence, so it may be an interaction problem. 

All the best,

Ali :)

Reply Children
No Data