"Version string portion was too short or too long" error after installing the new appNotifications in Trados 2019 SR2

That's it. I don't know the consequences of this error, apparently I could work normally. I removed the plugin and now everything seems fine.

This was the detailed error log.

<SDLErrorDetails time="18/09/2019 20:37:35">
  <ErrorMessage>Version string portion was too short or too long.</ErrorMessage>
  <Exception>
    <Type>System.ArgumentException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
    <ParamName />
    <HelpLink />
    <Source>mscorlib</Source>
    <HResult>-2147024809</HResult>
    <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at System.Version.VersionResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String argument)
   at System.Version.TryParseVersion(String version, VersionResult& result)
   at System.Version.Parse(String input)
   at System.Version..ctor(String version)
   at AppStoreIntegration.Service.PluginService.<>c.<LatestPluginVersion>b__9_0(PluginVersion oosPluginVersion)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at AppStoreIntegration.Service.PluginService.LatestPluginVersion(List`1 pluginVersions, Version localManifestVersion)
   at AppStoreIntegration.Service.PluginService.<CheckForUpdates>d__6.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
   at AppStoreIntegration.AppStoreIntegrationInitializer.<OnStudioWindowCreated>d__3.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)]]></StackTrace>
  </Exception>
  <Environment>
    <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
    <ProductVersion>15.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
    <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>15.2.0.1041</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
    <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Pro</OperatingSystem>
    <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
    <OperatingSystemLanguage>3082</OperatingSystemLanguage>
    <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
    <LoggedOnUser>PORTÁTIL\Ignacio</LoggedOnUser>
    <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
    <ComputerName>PORTÁTIL</ComputerName>
    <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
    <PhysicalMemory>24829456 MB</PhysicalMemory>
  </Environment>
</SDLErrorDetails>

Parents Reply
  • And a final query regarding this app. The text in the update page strongly recommends to UNINSTALL the plugin and then REINSTALL. Is that the behaviour of this app when I press the "Update plugin" button.

That is the behaviour if the manifest has not changed, but if Studio sees two versions of the same app (an error you are familiar with if I recall correctly) then the update procedure won't work.  However, I think this process is more likely to handle things correctly because you probably won't be notified of an update if you have an old one installed since the notification plugin won't recognise the app as an existing one.

Children
No Data