Migration utility not migrating plugins

My workplace is in the process of updating to Studio 2019 and I'm the first one to try it out.

I decided to try the Migration utility tool, since I read that it will also migrate all the plugins from the appstore. However, this never happened, and I also didn't get any question regarding which plugins I'd like to migrate. Have I misunderstood something about the plugin?

BR, Linn

Top Replies

• I haven't really tested this plugin for a long time now, but in all honesty I don't really see the point of it based on its current capabilities.  It started out as an idea for…

Parents
  • I haven't really tested this plugin for a long time now, but in all honesty I don't really see the point of it based on its current capabilities.  It started out as an idea for a community project where more developers contributed to the source so we could build a really comprehensive migration tool but this never really took off so the capabilities it currently supports are trivial.

Migrating plugins is also something that should not happen if you are moving from 2017 to 2019 for example because the plugins needed to be upgraded.  So you should really download the 2019 versions from the appstore and install afresh.  If you migrate the old ones you'll get a warning message in Studio 2019 when the application starts and they won't work.

• Good points. I already downloaded the plugins that were 2019 only so I'll just download the missing ones, as well. Thanks, Paul!

Reply Children
No Data