Hi, for some clients that send us Excel Glossary I use Termexcelerator.
I noticed a bug (i do not know, if someone else is experiencing the same problem):
Sometime, at random, after synchronizing the excel file in Termexcelerator something strange happens: the Excel becomes 0 KB and is not available anymore (i get an error message) or it is deleted (and I get the same error).
I can restore it because it lays on Dropbox, but still (or is the problem related to the fact that it is saved in the cloud?)
Thank you for your feedback
I can't say I've seen this before. Can you reproduce this or give me some idea how to reproduce it myself?
Hi Paul, it happens randomly when I add a new entry. And only after clicking on Sync, never after clicking on "Save entry". By the way, I do not know where the difference between the two buttons is, because if I open the Excel after clicking "Save entry" I see that the entry is saved in the Excel file. What does the button "Sync"?
<SDLErrorDetails time="07.12.2019 16:39:56">
<ErrorMessage>Access to the path '\\serverhost2016\Übersetzungen\_WORDING\Gesundheitsförderung Schweiz\Terminologiedatenbank GSF De-It (F-AA-AC).xlsx' is denied.</ErrorMessage>
<Type>System.UnauthorizedAccessException, mscorlib, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
<StackTrace><![CDATA[ at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
<ProductName>SDL Trados Studio Beta</ProductName>
<OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Pro</OperatingSystem>
The synch feature was introduced because we knew people would too tempted not to add terms directly to the excel file while working... so we tried to accommodate this rather than say don't do it.
I'll have to have a play with it and see if I can reproduce it, and I'll share the stack trace in the meantime in case it triggers an idea of what to change that might resolve it.