Trados Business Manager
Speech to Text
Managed Translation - Enterprise
Translation Management Connectors
Language Weaver Connectors
Language Weaver Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
RWS User Experience
RWS Community Internal Group
RWS Access Customer Portal
RWS Professional Services
RWS Training & Certification
RWS Enterprise Technology Partners
Trados Academic Partners
Trados Approved Trainers
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Machine Translation User Group
Nordic Tridion Docs User Group
Tridion Docs Europe & APAC User Group
Tridion UK Meetup
Tridion User Group Benelux
Tridion User Group New England
Tridion User Group Ohio Valley
Tridion West Coast User Group
WorldServer User Group
Trados GroupShare Ideas
Trados Studio Ideas
Language Weaver Ideas
Language Weaver Edge Ideas
RWS Language Cloud TMS Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Terminology Ideas
RWS Language Cloud Online Editor Ideas
Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
Tridion Docs Ideas
Tridion Sites Ideas
LiveContent S1000D Ideas
Events & Webinars
To RWS Documentation
To RWS Support
Detecting language please wait for.......
I found this article https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/w/customer-experience/5344/project-term-extract in yesterday's digest.
Thanks very much for providing the app and the instructions on how to use it.
I downloaded and tested the app and at the same time did a quick translation of the instructions into German for a colleague of mine who needs that functionality but does not understand English well enough so using the video or Paul's article would not have helped. I would like to provide some comments on the instructions in this article:
The first part of the instructions (up to and including Step 4) are clear, but then, important information is missing, i.e. how to reduce the word cloud to those terms that are really needed. With a bit of trial and error I found out how to do that using the various options, but I think every newby would welcome additional hints on how to play with the blacklist options and the ones for Term occurrences and Term length in connection with the Preview option.
Then, an essential part was omitted after having displayed the terms list in the Files view with F5, i.e. before generating the termbase: The translation of these terms in Studio. I found out if you try to convert the *.xml.sdlxliff right away with Generate termbase (i.e. without translating the terms in Studio), the App does create a termbase, but it is empty and thus of no use. So information on that step would be helpful.
And, lastly (just a minor issue): The path to the Termbases section of Project Settings is not complete, it should read Project Settings -> Language Pairs > All Language Pairs > Termbases ("All Language Pairs" is missing in the instructions).
Maybe this is of help.
Annette (from Manfred's account)
Thanks Annette. At some point we'll go back through the instructions and update where appropriate. Glad to see you're finding this useful.