SDL Trados Studio
SDL Trados GroupShare
SDL Trados Business Manager
SDL Trados Live
SDL Speech to Text
SDL Managed Translation - Enterprise
Translation Management Connectors
SDL LiveContent S1000D
SDL Contenta S1000D
SDL Tridion Docs
SDL Tridion Sites
SDL Content Assistant
SDL Machine Translation Cloud
SDL Machine Translation Connectors
SDL Machine Translation Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
SDL User Experience
Language Products - GCS Internal Community
SDL Community Internal Group
SDL Access Customer Portal
SDL Professional Services
SDL Training & Certification
Language Technology Partner Group
SDL Academic Partners
SDL Enterprise Technology Partners
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Machine Translation User Group
Nordic SDL Tridion Docs User Group
SDL Tridion UK Meetup
SDL Tridion User Group New England
SDL Tridion West Coast User Group
SDL WorldServer User Group
Tridion Docs Europe & APAC User Group
Tridion User Group Benelux
Tridion User Group Ohio Valley
SDL MultiTerm Ideas
SDL Passolo Ideas
SDL Trados GroupShare Ideas
SDL Trados Studio Ideas
SDL Machine Translation Cloud Ideas
SDL Machine Translation Edge Ideas
SDL Language Cloud TMS Ideas
SDL Language Cloud Terminology Ideas
SDL Language Cloud Online Editor Ideas
SDL Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
SDL TMS Ideas
SDL WorldServer Ideas
SDL Tridion Docs Ideas
SDL Tridion Sites Ideas
SDL LiveContent S1000D Ideas
SDL Contenta S1000D
SDL XPP Ideas
Events & Webinars
To SDL Documentation
To SDL Support
What's New in SDL
Detecting language please wait for.......
Every time I try to convert .sdltb into .xls, I find the following error:
"Can't save spreadsheet to C:\Users\xxx\file_name.xlsx.Access to the path 'C:\Users\xxx\file_name.xlsx' is denied."Does anyone know how to solve it? I already tried changing the .sldtb file folder to check if it was the problem, but it also didn't work.
Marcus Vinicius Santos
Perhaps this is a windows permissions problem? Have you tried running the Glossary Converter with administrator permissions?
Might be worth looking at this article too:
Excellent.... thanks for letting us know.
Are you using the Glossary Converter from the appstore for this or MultiTerm Convert? Just curious.
The solution may be to reset the roaming folders, so assuming you are using the 2019 versions try this. Rename this folder (just add _old to the end or something, it's not important what you rename it to) and restart MultiTerm:
If you can't find this folder then you need to unhide your hidden files/folders:
Hi Paul, sorry for not entering the means. I am actually trying to do this through Glossary Converter.
I think I've already tried renaming that folder though. I also checked the folders permissions and they were OK. Do we have something else to try?
Maybe run through the obvious first:
Hi Paul Filkin
Yes, I've just checked: all of them are updated. About question number 3: Can't save spreadsheet to C:\Users\mvini\Desktop\TB_01.xlsx.Access to the path 'C:\Users\mvini\Desktop\TB_01.xlsx' is denied,
but i also happened with other folders, like:
Can't save spreadsheet to C:\Users\mvini\Documents\Export Files\pt-BR\TB_01.xlsx
Access to the path 'C:\Users\mvini\Documents\Export Files\pt-BR\TB_01.xlsx' is denied
I'd start with the last part... check your anti-virus settings in case it's blocking the Glossary Converter. You could try disabling it and testing to see if that helps. Then you'll know what you need to address if it works.
After trying many other steps, disabling my antivirus (Avast) worked! Then I just added Glossary Converter to my Allowed apps list, so I don't need to worry about it every time I'll convert something.
Thanks a lot, Paul!