Post-Edit Compare - can I get PEMp % as a separate column like in the screenshots or is an average PEMp % shown anywhere in the report?

I want to get an average PEMp % for a project (for segments with AT status) and can't figure out if this is shown in the report. Also, the screenshots in the App Store show PEMp % as a separate column and that way I could export the report to Excel and calculate an avarage quickly, but it in the version I have (for Studio 2019), the PEMp % info is bundled together with other PEMp info and that makes the process of getting to the average percentage much more tedious.

Please, help. Thank you!

• Also, the screenshots in the App Store show PEMp % as a separate column

Can you point me to this?  I don't see it.

You have this option in the "Segment Columns" tab of the report wizard:

Is this what you're after?  There has been no changes in this feature since release as far as I'm aware, so if you managed to get what you needed before it should still be possible now.

• Thank you Paul!

This kind of helped.

Could you help with another issue?

On one PC the Post-Edit Compare is working perfectly fine, but on the second PC the same version does not have the possibility to export the report in Microsoft Excel.

This marked option in the screen shot is missing.

That PC has SDL Trados 2019 version, we used the plugin version for SDL Trados 2019. I reinstalled the plugin, repaired Studio 2019, but nothing works. The report itself is created, but it is not possible to export it.

This is a bit troublesome as we cannot calculate the average PEMp without the excel export.

Any advice would be helpful - if you need additional info, then please let me know.

P.S. The project files are not corrupted or smthing., because we tested them on another PC and the report work on it perfectly fine.

Kind regards

Kaspars Rutkis

• On one PC the Post-Edit Compare is working perfectly fine, but on the second PC the same version does not have the possibility to export the report in Microsoft Excel.

Is MS Excel installed on the second PC?

• Hi, Paul!

Yes, of course Slight smile

Any ideas what could be the issue here?

The specs on the PC's are almost the same, so I really can't understand the issue.

At first the other PC had older version of Studio (2015) installed as well, but I noticed that, removed the older version, reinstalled the plugin, but still nothing is happening...

• I had a char with the developer this morning and the only suggestions he has are these:

- check your security permissions perhaps?

- check your options in case there is something missing in the settings

In the meantime can you also provide a screenshot of the problem machine where this is missing?  Perhaps that will help us spot something that might help.

• Hi Paul,

Well this is a misery for me to be honest. Everything should be fine, but now I can't even get the PEMp report out there.

+ I started to get mystical issues with errors.

Please see the screenshots (+ uploading the error report as well)

I will reinstall Trados/Plugin and try again, as I fear that something is wrong there.

Could you please advise what security permissions and options are you implying?

Kind regards

Kaspars

sdlerror-2020915-8h48m48s.sdlerror.xml
    <SDLErrorDetails time="2020.09.15. 8:48:53">
      <ErrorMessage>Input string was not in a correct format.</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>System.FormatException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source>Sdl.Community.PostEdit.Compare</Source>
        <HResult>-2146233033</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   at PostEdit.Compare.FormMain.CreateComparisonReport(Boolean hitCancel, Processor comparer)
       at Sdl.Community.PostEdit.Versions.CreateProjectReport.CreateReport(FormMain postEditCompare)
       at Sdl.Community.PostEdit.Versions.CreateProjectReport.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.AbstractAction.Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.Extensions.Internal.IAction.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.IntegrationApi.Internal.Adaptors.InternalActionAdaptor.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<ExecuteAction>b__0()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Logger.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteAction(IAction action, ActionOrigin origin, Boolean allowToggle)
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.IgCommandBarAction.Execute()
       at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.IgCommandBarAction._lazyButtonTool_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.FireEvent(ToolbarEventIds id, EventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick()
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolMenuItem.OnClick()
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupMenuItemUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupMenuItemUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.TextUIElementBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
       at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)]]></StackTrace>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
        <ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
        <ProductVersion>15.0.0.0</ProductVersion>
        <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>15.2.7.2849</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
        <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Pro</OperatingSystem>
        <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
        <OperatingSystemLanguage>1033</OperatingSystemLanguage>
        <CodePage>1257</CodePage>
        <LoggedOnUser>JOLANTA-PC\LMI-SSD4</LoggedOnUser>
        <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
        <ComputerName>JOLANTA-PC</ComputerName>
        <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
        <PhysicalMemory>8331280 MB</PhysicalMemory>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

• For example... I see this:

So even more than you see in the other screenshot where it's working for you.  This is because I have other software that the application is able to take advantage of.  So if you can't see any of this, and not even Excel, then it sounds as though the application doesn't have the permission to access them.  That's what I meant by security.

It's going to be a windows thing and nothing to do with the plugin or Studio directly.  So perhaps a reinstall is appropriate, or maybe try running Studio with admin rights?

• Thanks Paul!

Will try that and will keep you posted.