Software for Regex

Question for Paul Filkin: Is RegexBuddy the best software to get started with regular expressions, with perhaps RegexMagic for shortcuts for entire segments please? I'm looking for the most cost-effective options. Thank you very much for your help. Robert Calkin

Top Replies

Parents
  • I think it's a matter of opinion.  In my opinion RegexBuddy is the best software available for regular expressions in general supporting more flavours than anything I'm aware of, offering fantastic features to help with my needs and has a fairly responsive forum built i if you need help.

I have tied RegexMagic but I didn't find it very helpful.  In particular, as my experience in using regex grew I found RegexMagic a bit clunky. So didn't really use it.

• Thank you very much for this. I raised RegexMagic having seen the post from a translator seeking to create regexes for entire segments. Following your advice, I'll go with RegexBuddy and let you know if I have any further queries. I'm also looking to use the Regex Match AutoSuggest Provider as Nora recommends in one video.

• Thank you very much for this. I raised RegexMagic having seen the post from a translator seeking to create regexes for entire segments. Following your advice, I'll go with RegexBuddy and let you know if I have any further queries. I'm also looking to use the Regex Match AutoSuggest Provider as Nora recommends in one video.

Children