Software for Regex

Question for Paul Filkin: Is RegexBuddy the best software to get started with regular expressions, with perhaps RegexMagic for shortcuts for entire segments please? I'm looking for the most cost-effective options. Thank you very much for your help. Robert Calkin

Top Replies

Parents Reply
  • There are many good options out there, but I purchased RegexBuddy years ago after Paul suggested it in one of his blog posts, I believe, and the RegexBuddy website has been my main source of information to learn about regular expressions to this date.

As a non-programmer, I think the hardest part for me was figuring out what I needed and what I didn't need for my specific use case, which is using regex in Studio, as the info in most websites is very extensive and includes not only several regex flavors but things and applications that I don't actually need.

If you're just getting started, maybe check out a series of articles I wrote to help colleagues getting started on this path: Regular Expressions for Translators, which you can find on my blog: https://noradiaz.blogspot.com/search?q=regular+expressions+for+translators

Children