Working with Hebrew to French

I’m translating from Hebrew to French. All the number in the source are inverted in the editor.

Parents
  • As  said, the problem must be with the source.

Sometimes people manipulate how BiDi text (or numbers for that matter) appear visually on the screen but this ends up breaking their logical flow, which is what Studio imports.

It could also be that some kind of directionality override was used, but I'm only guessing here.

It'd be best if you could share the file for analysis. The hint is likely there somewhere.

As an experiment, and assuming the source document is in a rich text format (such as Word), you can copy a paragraph and paste it into a plain text editor (such as Notepad). Are the numbers inverted there as well?

If this is indeed a Word document, does anything show up around the numbers when invoking the Show Formatting Marks (the Pie symbol icon) in Word?

• As  said, the problem must be with the source.

Sometimes people manipulate how BiDi text (or numbers for that matter) appear visually on the screen but this ends up breaking their logical flow, which is what Studio imports.

It could also be that some kind of directionality override was used, but I'm only guessing here.

It'd be best if you could share the file for analysis. The hint is likely there somewhere.

As an experiment, and assuming the source document is in a rich text format (such as Word), you can copy a paragraph and paste it into a plain text editor (such as Notepad). Are the numbers inverted there as well?

If this is indeed a Word document, does anything show up around the numbers when invoking the Show Formatting Marks (the Pie symbol icon) in Word?

Children
No Data