How to I populate a TM created in Trados Live with my tmx?

I have created a Translation Engine, where I also have a new TM that I created and now I want to import the tmx ... but how?

Best regards, 

Knut

Parents Reply
  • How do you know it hasn't worked?  The reason I ask is because I'm testing this at the moment and I started with a 1Gb TMX (circa 1.3 million TUs) and when I stopped looking the spinning icon that was there during upload disappeared and it's as if nothing happened at all.  But if I click on the TM I see this:

Trados Studio screenshot showing 0 total translation units and 68,885 of 0 translation units unaligned under upLIFT alignment status.

Every time I look at this the number is going up.  So it's just processing in the background.  After writing this sentence I'm now at this for example:

Trados Studio screenshot displaying 0 total translation units and an increased number of 76,058 translation units unaligned.

Once this is complete I'll test with an sdltm as well... just upgrading at the moment.

also clarified off line:

To confirm and clarify, the limit is on a per import process. I.e. you could in theory import multiple 2GB TMXes into the same TM if you wanted to. This same limit has been in place in GS for years now as well, so hopefully ok.
    There is not limit to the amount of TUs are TM can have (other than starting to worry about the quality of your TM content Slight smile

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:51 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children