Google Translate API - How to activate in SDL Trados Live?

Hi,

I just downloaded SDL Studio 2021 & wanted to create my first Cloud Project. I can add my TMs and Termbases without any problem, but I can't find where/how I can add Google Translate (even though in the documentation on SDL Trados Live, it says that this should be possible).

Has anyone else tried this (and succeeded)?

Many thanks in advance for the replies!

Gert

Parents Reply
  • Once the plugin is installed the setup is exactly the same.  The problem in this thread is that Suzanne specifically wanted to know how to configure the V3 Google API in Trados Live and this is very different to the less functional one that used to be in Studio... the old V2 API.  This is Googles versioning, not ours.

Google was removed deliberately because we have several dozen translation providers and even when Google was part of the product it was not the most heavily used.  So having it separate and available as part of a download from the appstore is the most logical step and ensures a consistent approach across them all.  DeepL, MyMemory etc are used far more than Google and people don't have any problems finding these.

Children
No Data