Google Translate API - How to activate in SDL Trados Live?

Hi,

I just downloaded SDL Studio 2021 & wanted to create my first Cloud Project. I can add my TMs and Termbases without any problem, but I can't find where/how I can add Google Translate (even though in the documentation on SDL Trados Live, it says that this should be possible).

Has anyone else tried this (and succeeded)?

Many thanks in advance for the replies!

Gert

Parents Reply
  • It does work... but I don't know how you are trying to use it.  You refer to a cloud project.  Can you tell me how you are trying to use it since you should be doing this in Studio in exactly the same way as you would do this for any project.

Tomorrow I'll create a short video to explain how these different plugins work, in the cloud and in Studio.  I think you have really confused this thread because you don't know the difference between the Google services that are being supported here, and I also don't think we can be sure about what you mean when you tell us something doesn't work in a cloud project.  You need to explain what you're trying to do and where you are trying to use it.  Screenshots would be a real help too.

Children
  • I created a cloud project and I open it with SDL Trados Studio Freelance 2021.

While I was translating one of the files of this cloud project, I opened the <Project setting> inside SDL Trados Studio Freelance 2020 and I download the plugin for Google Translate and I added my key. I went back to my editor to continue to translate the file and I was having error messages. This is not working. Is this more clear? I really do not understand what you are talking about concerning the different version of Google Translate.

• I use the SDL Live Essential Freelance to store my memory translation and my Termbase, but I am translating with SDL Trados Studio Freelance on my computer. If I am not at home, I use my laptop and I also have the SDL Trados Studio Freelance 2020 there. I also have some older versions. All my projects are actually on my 2019 version, except the clouds projets. Hope it is more clear. 

• I have created a video and tried to cover off all the issues currently experienced by threads I've read elsewhere and also in this one.  I hope it clarifies a few things:

• This is wonderful, I understand very well now and I solved my problem. Thank you very much and sorry again for being rude. This plugin inside SDL Trados Live was misleading me. I thought we have to set everything up inside the website, but I was wrong. We can do it in Studio itself. In fact, this is the only way. Google translate V2 is only working inside Studio.

• really happy to hear this. Although your original approach is actually not wrong. As I was recording this I discussed it with the developers and the web version should actually work in Studio too. So the team are testing this and will need to fix it at some point.

however, it is still version 3, so you and most translators will probably be better off with version 2 in Studio even when it does work.

• Really nice video! I've watched it through and just one question - is "Enter AutoML Translation model" a mandatory field? I'm using V3 Advanced Translation but at present I don't need any AutoML model. In such case, how I can proceed on this plugin configuration?  I've tried many times and always got the error message "failed to connect to all addresses" and I'm stuck here.

I've searched for such information in AutoML docs, quick guide and so on but no lucky. @Paul, can you kindly advise? Many thanks in advance.

BTW, seems there is a typo on the MT Enhanced plugin: Enter the URI whare the glossary is stored. "whare" should be "where"?