Google Translate API - How to activate in SDL Trados Live?

Hi,

I just downloaded SDL Studio 2021 & wanted to create my first Cloud Project. I can add my TMs and Termbases without any problem, but I can't find where/how I can add Google Translate (even though in the documentation on SDL Trados Live, it says that this should be possible).

Has anyone else tried this (and succeeded)?

Many thanks in advance for the replies!

Gert

Parents
  • I have not been successful yet at connecting Trados Live (not Studio) with Google MT. Although this page has many helpful tips, it just does not seem to be coming together for me. I feel like I have been on an odyssey and my head is swimming.

I activated the Google MT Provide Add-on (a day ago), but when I look in the Resources>NMT Models I still only see the SDL MT options.

But most important for me is to know if I will be able to use the glossary for specific translations. I have not seen anywhere in the add-ons settings in Trados Live for the Google MT Provider to designate the glossary, or the bucket it is stored in at Google.

• Where are you seeing Resources -> NMT Models?  You need to create a Translation Engine and then when you complete the fields from the top down you should get Google and SDL as possible options when you come to add a machine translation engine.  For example:

Trados Studio screenshot showing the 'Add Machine Translation Engine' dialog with options for 'Google' and 'SDL' listed.

But most important for me is to know if I will be able to use the glossary for specific translations. I have not seen anywhere in the add-ons settings in Trados Live for the Google MT Provider to designate the glossary, or the bucket it is stored in at Google.

As far as I am aware the Trados Live plugin is dumb to these options.  So it only allows you to get generic NMT based on the V3 configuration.  If yo want to do more we only have this available so far via the Studio plugin as I showed in the video.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 7:09 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Where are you seeing Resources -> NMT Models?  You need to create a Translation Engine and then when you complete the fields from the top down you should get Google and SDL as possible options when you come to add a machine translation engine.  For example:

Trados Studio screenshot showing the 'Add Machine Translation Engine' dialog with options for 'Google' and 'SDL' listed.

As far as I am aware the Trados Live plugin is dumb to these options.  So it only allows you to get generic NMT based on the V3 configuration.  If yo want to do more we only have this available so far via the Studio plugin as I showed in the video.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 7:09 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children