Why can't I create a project with sdlxliff files?

I just found out that I can't create a project with sdlxliff files. Each time I try to upload them, I get a following message: "The file type is not supported. Upload another file."Trados Studio New Project window showing an error message next to an sdlxliff file stating 'The file type is not supported. Upload another file.'

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:50 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • Not the packages... although that should come soon I think.  So your process would have to be this:

1. open the package in Studio to create your project
    2. create a new cloud project using the sdlxliff files from the target language folder of the project in 1.  You can create the project in the cloud environment or via Studio.
    3. once the project is complete you download the translated/reviewed sdlxliff files and replace the ones in the first project from the package with these
    4. create your return package

But in all honesty, based on this:

project packages which I receive from SDL Network Offices for translation/review

It would be far easier if the SDL Network Offices created the projects in the cloud to begin with and then you wouldn't have to do any of this.

What's your usecase for wanting to do this in the cloud yourself?  Just interested.

Children