Can't import my local TM into an empty TM created in SDL Live!

I have already successfully imported my local TM into a TM created in SDL Live the first time I tried. Now I wanted to do the same but I still get an error message. Is it still the same bug with the TM in SDL Live or is it another problem? The tmx (or SDLTM) is loaded but TUs are not populated.

Top Replies

Parents
  • It would be helpful if you explained more about the problem itself... what steps are you following... when does the error appear... you can use screenshots (copy/paste)... you can tell us what version of Studio you are using... you can tell us what the error message is... you can even attach the xml error message (much better than copy/paste)

  • Well, I created a new translation memory on SDL Live under resources, translation memories, New translation memory, I gave it a name, chose a location (root), chose a language pair (same as my local TM), Langauge processing rules (default).
    Field template: filled automatically since I had already created a field template under field template.
    I pressed create, then I clicked import and selected my local translation memory which is uploaded normally, but I get an error message immediately afterward.

    I don't know if it's important or not, but I noticed that even if I create a TM field template identical to the one in my local translation memory, the order is automatically reworked after saving (I got: Client, Note, Project Id, Quality, Source, SourceFile, Status, Subject,TargetFile, Type) I have the same custom fields in my local TM but not in this order.

    view-source:languagecloud.sdl.com/.../translation-memories

  • Update: I tried it again today several times, it works only if I select Ignore unknown fields, but I get TU without any custom fields (This is definitely not what I want)

  • Thanks for your update!
    There seems to be a mismatch between the fields from your sdltm and the fields from the cloud field template.
    Please create a new field template and let it empty (don't define any fields). Then create a new TM and use the empty field template.
    Try to import your sdltm in the new TM with empty field template. In this way your sdltm should be imported with all the custom fields from the sdltm.

    If this will still go wrong, please don't delete the TM and the field template used (it will be easier for us to investigate what went wrong there). Also, please provide a small subset of your sdltm file (only few units with all your custom fields present) so that we can try to reproduce the error that you encounter.

  • You are right, that's what I did yesterday and it worked (with the option unknown fields: add to translation memory)

    Thank you.

Reply Children
No Data