can't login to the Language Cloud while using the link from the system email received

I have received a system email from the SDL Language Cloud (from: noreply at languagecloud.sdl.com) saying "Files for the following language pairs are now available for download for project" which is followed with the project's name. This is probably because I clicked "Download translated file" (which did not work straight away - see another post) in the SDL Online Editor.

The message contains a link. When I click it I'm redirected to the normal "SDL ID" login window as below.

SDL ID login window with fields for email and password and a 'LOG IN' button.

The successful login and the user confirmation does not redirect me to a download window, as I expected but to the error message as shown below:

Error message on SDL Language Cloud login page stating 'You cannot use SDL ID to log in. Enter your regular credentials to upgrade your account to SDL ID now.'

Filling the form and the login attempts fails, however.

Error message on SDL Language Cloud login page stating 'Invalid username or password.' with fields for username and password.

The validity date in the message is as follows "Due 15 Jan 2021 17:00 GMT" so it is not overdue.

What could be the reason?

Please note that I have another problems with the files in this project - check this post (and mentioned above), and with this account - check this - which could be related, I believe.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 6:57 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji