Unable to pretranslate using batch tasks when using translation engines stored on Language Cloud

I have created a project in Studio 2021 (desktop version, not within Language Cloud) and have successfully added a translation engine that is stored on SDL Language Cloud. I carried out the batch task pretranslate and got zero TM matches (with 70% as minimum match value), but then when I scroll from segment to segment in the editor I can see that there were actually 90%+ matches in the TMs in the Engine for nearly every segment. 

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hello ,

You only run batch tasks on cloud files (projects created in the cloud) that are subsequently downloaded to Trados Studio and available on your computer.

By design, running batch tasks on projects created locally will not do any lookups in cloud-based translation engines.

Therefore, we would recommend that you create your project in the cloud (when using cloud based Translation Engines/TM's) and allow the preprocessing to be done in the cloud to ensure optimal performance.

We are continually looking at ways to improve the user experience and optimize how users can seamlessly interact between Studio and Trados Live, so would expect in the future, you will be able to choose exactly how you wish to work/create projects/preprocess etc.seamlessly.

• Hi ,

Thank you for your response, we had suspected this was the case. We have not been creating projects in the cloud because we have found it to be generally more cumbersome for our small team of in-house translators. We do many single document (single language pair) translations where we carry out both PM and translator tasks ourselves, meaning that when we create a project in the cloud we have to go through and essentially assign all the tasks to ourselves. This process also generates a huge number of emails which are just not necessary for us.

We would certainly be interested in a more seamless interaction between Studio and Trados Live, but in the meantime, is there a way to turn off the email generation at each stage of the process? Or to make the process a bit more smooth for us?

Many thanks.

• Hi ,

Thank you for your response, we had suspected this was the case. We have not been creating projects in the cloud because we have found it to be generally more cumbersome for our small team of in-house translators. We do many single document (single language pair) translations where we carry out both PM and translator tasks ourselves, meaning that when we create a project in the cloud we have to go through and essentially assign all the tasks to ourselves. This process also generates a huge number of emails which are just not necessary for us.

We would certainly be interested in a more seamless interaction between Studio and Trados Live, but in the meantime, is there a way to turn off the email generation at each stage of the process? Or to make the process a bit more smooth for us?

Many thanks.

Children
No Data