Trados Live vs GroupShare

Hi everyone,

We have been using Trados GroupShare during 7 years. Our first GS was GS2014, now is GS2020.

After two webinars about Trados Live, I've got the feeling that Trados Live has more  higher priority than GroupShare. And sooner or later it will be better to use Trados Live but not GS.

My question is: Can we name Trados Live as alternative to GS? And will it be possible to use GS 2020 (and higher versions) for the next couple of years?

Kind regards,

• Can we name Trados Live as alternative to GS?

Depending on what you use GroupShare for, and how you access it, Trados Live Team is indeed a possible alternative.  For example, if you use GroupShare Cloud then Trados Live Team is potentially a very good alternative for you.  It's a true cloud solution as opposed to simply being a hosted version of a product, and it already offers more features than GroupShare which may already make it more attractive.  However, there isn't 100% feature parity between the two products yet so depending on the things you consider important it may not be appropriate to make the move just yet.  I believe we are aiming for feature parity with GroupShare this year so we're not far off.

I've got the feeling that Trados Live has more  higher priority than GroupShare

I think it's fair to say that as a general rule we are very focused on Trados Live because this is a product we see as the eventual replacement for all of our server based solutions.  But that doesn't mean we are ignoring the requirements for our GroupShare customers and certainly will continue to develop it for the foreseeable future as an on-premise solution for those customers who do not wish to, or cannot, move to a cloud solution.  Many of our on-premise customers have complex customisations and integrations, so moving to Trados Live is not a trivial exercise at all, even if the desire is there.  So you should rest assured GroupShare on-premise is alive and well.

And will it be possible to use GS 2020 (and higher versions) for the next couple of years?

If you have GroupShare 2020 on-premise then yes of course.  This is a perpetual licence anyway so you can use it for as long as you see fit.