Using Language Cloud - Can't add MT models

I purchased Trados today, but machine translation/pre-translate isn't working at all.

I was able to add language pairs before, but that didn't work either, so I uninstalled and then reinstalled Trados 2019.

The software is activated, and I have the MT subscription active.

The Language account is also active. 

The version is updated.

The plug-in is the most recent and enabled.

But when I go to add the Language cloud...

Nothing appears.

Even when I was able to add pairs in the past, pre-translation or MT suggestions didn't work.

This was one of the main reasons I bought Trados, so it is frustrating that it isn't working.

Parents Reply
  • ok.  First of all please can you make sure you have the latest version of Trados installed.If you only installed the one you purchased it won't be up to date.

• Close SDL Trados Studio 2019
    • Download the ZIP file SDLTradosStudio2019_SR2_CU7_2849.zip from our FTP site (Username: sdlpatches, password: 5dlpatch35).
    • The ZIP file contains an .exe file. Extract this file to a temporary folder of your choice, such as C:\temp. This .exe file applies to all editions of SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2.
    • Double-click the .exe file. This will install the latest release and replace as well as update the files in the SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2 installation folder as appropriate.

Then reinstall DeepL and also make sure you have whitelisted these domains:

www2.deepl.com

api.deepl.com

Now try again with DeepL and Language Cloud. If you still have a problem please check the response you are getting with Fiddler:

https://community.sdl.com/developers-more/developers/language-developers/w/wiki/5070/what-is-fiddler-and-how-to-use-it

This may help us identify why the calls are not getting through for you.

Children