Create a return package is greyed out

I have a sdl xliff  file I want to send to a client which he sent to me as a package. I’m trying to create a return package but this is greyed our. However, there is ‘open package’ which is not greyed out but my sdl x liff file is not in there. What do I do?

Parents
  • Hello  

What did you actually receive from the client? A PPX (package containing all the necessary resources?) or just the SDLXLIFF file?

If you opened the package outside of Studio and imported the SDLXLIFF file separately into Studio -(I suspect this maybe the case here)

-then you will no longer be able to create a return (SDLRPX) package, as you can can only create a return package if you opened the original PPX in Studio.

However as the return package would only contain the SDLXLIFF (and proj) file and no other resources that may have been in the PPX, most clients i believe will not have an issue if only the SDLXLIFF is returned- maybe worth checking first though.

• Hello  

What did you actually receive from the client? A PPX (package containing all the necessary resources?) or just the SDLXLIFF file?

If you opened the package outside of Studio and imported the SDLXLIFF file separately into Studio -(I suspect this maybe the case here)

-then you will no longer be able to create a return (SDLRPX) package, as you can can only create a return package if you opened the original PPX in Studio.

However as the return package would only contain the SDLXLIFF (and proj) file and no other resources that may have been in the PPX, most clients i believe will not have an issue if only the SDLXLIFF is returned- maybe worth checking first though.

Children