SDL Studio just reset all my settings and deleted my projects, now I cannot even open the project I was working on any more: "An error occured whilst trying to determine the file version" (Auto-Update failed and rolled back)

SDL Studio just reset all my settings and deleted my projects, now I cannot open the project I was working on any more: "An error occured whilst trying to determine the file version" (Auto-Update failed and rolled back)

No system crash, Auto-Update started and then said it cannot start something like "product telemetrics service - Do you have enough system priviledges" (yes I do, full access administrator account, but I remember renaming the telemetrics folder once because I hate intrusive software running in the background when the program is not being used - SDL support told me there is no problem in renaming the SDL telemetrics folder at that time).

Auto-Update could not finish and I had to click cancel. Now I cannot open my project anymore.

I obviously need to finish the project and want my settings back - how?

Also: How can I update?

Also: For some reason the TM I had used was not updated and now even creating a new project will not re-translate the project. Whichever segment I open I get: no matches found, even though I just translated this yesterday. SDL Trados Studio deletes my projects automatically and doesn't let me re-open it? I can't even close my mouth yet...

Parents
  • I'm a repeat victim of this issue. I have issues with my computer screen turning black when coming back out of sleep or hibernation which means I sometimes need to force a restart. Every time this happens, Trados completely resets and all my projects become "corrupted" and can no longer be opened.

It also means that I have to reset all my user-specific options (the way wordcount appears, my own keyboard shortcuts, my standard TMs, the plug-ins, etc).

I'm currently working on a major project for which I've had to split the source file. I'm currently on the 4th iteration of the project. Every single time, I have to recreate the project, re-split the files, re-run the TM through it (I can't honestly check that each individual segment is correct, but I'm sure I'm introducing mistakes). Every time, this takes 2-3 hours to get the system back up and running.

Why on Earth is Trados behaving this way and how can we work around this!!! It is such a waste of time!

• I'm a repeat victim of this issue. I have issues with my computer screen turning black when coming back out of sleep or hibernation which means I sometimes need to force a restart. Every time this happens, Trados completely resets and all my projects become "corrupted" and can no longer be opened.

It also means that I have to reset all my user-specific options (the way wordcount appears, my own keyboard shortcuts, my standard TMs, the plug-ins, etc).

I'm currently working on a major project for which I've had to split the source file. I'm currently on the 4th iteration of the project. Every single time, I have to recreate the project, re-split the files, re-run the TM through it (I can't honestly check that each individual segment is correct, but I'm sure I'm introducing mistakes). Every time, this takes 2-3 hours to get the system back up and running.

Why on Earth is Trados behaving this way and how can we work around this!!! It is such a waste of time!

Children