This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Studio crashes when trying to open a particular file in the Editor

Hello everyone,

I am having problems with a particular type of file from a client. I can upload it, create a project, analyze the file and create a package, but whenever I try to open it in the Editor, Studio simply closes without warning. The same thing happens when I reupload the file to translate it as single document or when I open the sdlxliff outside the project.

It is the third time I am experiencing this problem. The problematic files are always Word files with fairly basic formatting except for some pictures in the header and footer. I have tried removing the header and footer, but the problem remains. I can open the file in Word without problems.

Since I'm not receiving any error messages except for (sometimes) 'Studio has unexpectedly stopped working', I have no idea where to look for the problem. The only workarounds we have thought of so far are copying and pasting the text to a different document without any formatting, or translating and reviewing in an export for bilingual review, neither of which are ideal solutions.

So I was wondering if anyone else has come across a similar problem and can tell me where the root of the problem might lie, and how it can be fixed.

Thank you in advance!

Best,
Sarah

Parents Reply Children
No Data