"An error occurred whilst trying to determine the file version" when trying to create new project in SDL Studio 2019

Hello,

I've just installed SDL Studio 2019, and I'm getting the above error message when trying to create a brand new project. I've seen related threads here, but I couldn't find a solution for me in any of them, as most of them refer to issues opening already created projects or using old project templates. I'm not doing any of that, I'm just trying to create my first new project in SDL Studio 2019 from scratch.

By the way, the above error message appears as soon as I click on "New Project", so I can't even get to the new project wizard window.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,

Claudia

Parents Reply
  • Hi 

OK, I think maybe we've overloaded you with 'solutions' so let's first try the good old 'Windows Repair'...

To run a Windows Repair of Studio, via Control Panel...

Close all SDL applications.

Open the Control Panel via Windows button>Windows System>Control Panel:
    Windows Vista/7: Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
    Windows 8: Right-click on the screen at bottom-left corner and choose Control Panel > Uninstall a Program.
    Windows 10: Right-click on Start (Windows button) > Windows System > Control Panel > Select View by: Small Icons > Programs and Features.

Click/highlight the relevant SDL product in the list (e.g. SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR1) and click Repair.

Restart Studio.

Have you also installed SDL Trados MultiTerm? It comes free when you purchase Studio.

Try this for a start then tell us if it helped!
    All the best,
    Alison :)
Children
No Data