Cannot export target file from Excel

Not sure why this is happening in the first place. It seems somehow SDL Trados Studio remembers the original path of the file at the translator's end. I got a translated SDLXLIFF file from a translator. I made some changes to translation. Now, I am trying to save the file, but I initially got this message:

 

"file xxx doesn't exist" and it gives me the path from translator's machine which is "C:\ZZ\WORK\Work from home\2018\December\30-12".

So, I tried to go along with Trados and I created the same exact path on my machine. Now, when I try to export target or save it as target, I get this error message:

 

"Failed to save target content: The paragraph unit supplied should always have Contexts properties defined!"

Not sure what does this mean? Any idea? 

How I can resolve this issue? Also, is there any logical explanation of such issue in the first place?

I am using SDL Trados Studio 2019 by the way.

Thanks,

Mohamed

Parents
  • Mohamed Zeid said:
    Also, is there any logical explanation of such issue in the first place?

    +1
    I would like to know the root cause of this as well. I've seen this problem many many times, but was never able to get to the root cause of it (mainly due to lack of knowledge on the translator's side - they were never able to precisely describe what exactly they did on their side... usually they "did nothing", of course...).
    And all the posts here in forum were always focused on getting the result, never on understanding (and preventing) the cause :(

    To resolve your issue, you can e.g. create a TM from the translated file, the creating new project using the untranslated source file and pre-translate it from the TM you created. Eventually, if you have Professional license, you can use PerfectMatch instead of Pre-translation.

Reply
  • Mohamed Zeid said:
    Also, is there any logical explanation of such issue in the first place?

    +1
    I would like to know the root cause of this as well. I've seen this problem many many times, but was never able to get to the root cause of it (mainly due to lack of knowledge on the translator's side - they were never able to precisely describe what exactly they did on their side... usually they "did nothing", of course...).
    And all the posts here in forum were always focused on getting the result, never on understanding (and preventing) the cause :(

    To resolve your issue, you can e.g. create a TM from the translated file, the creating new project using the untranslated source file and pre-translate it from the TM you created. Eventually, if you have Professional license, you can use PerfectMatch instead of Pre-translation.

Children