I know that this issue was raised a couple of years ago here but it doesn't seem to have been resolved and I'm not sure it's even the same problem as the one I have been having for a while having.
Here goes: I have started a project as "Translate single document" and I have created a TM specifically for that document. After translating a segment, I confirm it, it updates my specific TM, and I move on to the next segment. Upon completing the document, I go back to the beginning and revise what I have done. If I make a correction, and then confirm the corrected segment, I end up with two TUs: one with the corrected text (with CM in green next to it) and another with the old text with a 100% match. I would have thought that the old text would be overwritten.
What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
It somehow relates to dates. I experience exactly the same with SDL Trados Studio 2017 Pro and I noticed that only entries with different years behave this way. Maybe different months or even days make difference too, but I can't say that for sure.My another observation is that I work with an inverted language pair document (with a purpose): English-to-Russian document with Russian-to-English TM (and project). When language pair of the document is the same as that of TM/project, I can't reproduce this 'duplicating behavior'.
If I'm honest, it never caused major troubles to me, so I just noticed that phenomenon from time to time (not that often to bother me), but I did not consider it a problem. That's why I don't have any solution or roundabout. I thought it was because of different TMs (I always use 2 to 4 TMs) and did not even try investigating it.