Trados confirms all segments

Dear All,

I work with Trados 2017. There's this thing that keeps happening to me and that is driving me round the bend: 

I seem to be hitting some weird combination of keys that causes Trados to mark all segments as translated, even empty ones. I know how to undo the damage (just change segment status), but what I'd really like to know is: What's causing it? Is there a key combination or button that I am inadvertently hitting?? 

Grateful for any ideas on what's going on...

Silvia

Parents
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member 10 months ago

when you have problem, talking is cheap in most cases
    when you have problem, solution is only valuable

I am planning to make a solution (or two) 

1. naive approach: cancel "Confirm" for all empty segments
    2. stepwise approach: grouping segments by the "Last modified" date and sort from many to less. Usually one never make "Cofirm" many segments at once. When you confirm the "Confirm", use CADF to change status.

and nicer tips ? I mean solutions not talking...

Of couse the best solution is not to make this problem at all and should be come from manufacturer, SDL.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member 10 months ago

when you have problem, talking is cheap in most cases
    when you have problem, solution is only valuable

I am planning to make a solution (or two) 

1. naive approach: cancel "Confirm" for all empty segments
    2. stepwise approach: grouping segments by the "Last modified" date and sort from many to less. Usually one never make "Cofirm" many segments at once. When you confirm the "Confirm", use CADF to change status.

and nicer tips ? I mean solutions not talking...

Of couse the best solution is not to make this problem at all and should be come from manufacturer, SDL.

Children