Detecting language please wait for.......
I received a project from a client and when I import it, I get this fault message. "Could not find part of the path", I searched the forum and the documentation but could not really find anything that solves my problem. This is the second time this happened to me. The first time, I just used the word document they sent and created a new project, but I am worried that this will keep happening.
Hello Melanie Martin ,
Could you explain how you are importing the package please?
Where are you saving the SDLPPX before opening in Studio?
The more information you can provide, the easier it will be…
Hello Melanie Martin ,
If you have checked all locations (both the default Studio folder and the folder bou have chosen-
then I would suggest that the Project Template is corrupt.
Please try recreating the…
Is this the same error as shown in this earlier forum post?
I've been having the same problem with certain project packages (latest version of Trados 2019 Freelance, issue occurred after the latest update), and in that case we traced the issue with the client to AutoSuggest and MultiTerm dictionaries - if the client created another project package without those dictionaries, that package opened fine.
Thank you, this was helpful with regards to the workaround, never knew projects are essentially zip files. But my client does not use any autosuggest or multi-term, just a normal TM.
The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for us to find what is causing the problem.
Hi Steven, sorry, I had not seen your reply.
I save all project packages in a specified download folder. Have done so for years, the problem is new.
I then open the project package and the fault shows just before the project has finished opening. It even creates a project folder in Studio 2019 > Projects, the folder is simply empty.
Please try recreating the project and use a new template.
Does this help?
No actually, it happened again with another package from the client this morning. She recreated the package (like last time) and I still had to end up changing file extension to .zip so I could access the sdlxiff.
What version of Studio are you running?
Could you share the original package with me please (email@example.com) so i can take a look?
For me this is caused by the default project folder name as set by the client including special characters (- = etc.) or perhaps being too long to create a proper Windows directory name. SDL Studio 2015 allows me to manually change the project folder name created when opening the package, but 2019 does not. Ask the client to stop using weird project names. Ironically, the only way I managed to get Studio 2019 to let me chagne the project folder was by first going to my Projects folder and creating a dummy directory of the project's default name. Then, opening the package automatically told me "You can't save the project here, it already exists" and prompts to enter a folder name, which solves the issue.If this helped Melanie Martin, let me know, so I can let others know on the rest of the threads. I don't get why they disable basic functionalities like this in professional software...
Good morning, just though I'd add my 2 cents here. Was having same problem with SDL Studio 2019 and html files this morning. Tried a few things with no success so I gave SDL Studio 2017 a try and everything works like a charm. This workaround suits me for now but I do hope the problem will be fixed soon.
Based on my experience of big companies, doubtful, but one can always hope.
I agree with Georgios Tziakos that it may be weird characters in the project name. This exact thing happened to me, and my project name was full of weird characters. I don't think a MultiTerm termbase could be the problem though because the package I was trying to open had one of these. I solved the issue by deselecting the two options in the wizard (something like "Append Project Name" and "Use Default Location"), then I inserted my own name for a project folder after "Projects\" in the path field. It opened without issue after I did this.