Segments excluded from QA are still checked by Regular Expressions?

Segments excluded from QA Checker are still checked by Regex QA checks. Is that a feature or a bug?

This QA check will still report a warning if a string like ~/link.aspx?_id=FA0AD6FFE1054930BDDEF6DE7DAED110&_z=z is changed in the target:

It's actually what I want it to do, but I would have expected it not to work. I'd like to understand better how the exclusion from QA Check works - what exactly are segments excluded from and what not.

Daniel

Parents
  • In the help it says this:

In some cases you need to leave a segment empty or you may have a product name that you do not want to translate. By default, verification runs the following checks, Check for forgotten and empty translations or Check for targets segments that are identical to their source segments, and issues errors for them. However, string-based exclusion will allow you to specify that these checks are overridden in such specific cases. Each case or string must be on a separate line and will then be excluded from the check in cases where the segment solely consists of this string.

I believe this option is there to manage the default checks mentioned and not specific checks that you have created using regex.

• In the help it says this:

In some cases you need to leave a segment empty or you may have a product name that you do not want to translate. By default, verification runs the following checks, Check for forgotten and empty translations or Check for targets segments that are identical to their source segments, and issues errors for them. However, string-based exclusion will allow you to specify that these checks are overridden in such specific cases. Each case or string must be on a separate line and will then be excluded from the check in cases where the segment solely consists of this string.

I believe this option is there to manage the default checks mentioned and not specific checks that you have created using regex.

Children
  • The help is quite unclear what exactly is excluded from what, e.g.:

"Use the QA Checker 3.0 > Segments to Exclude settings to specify which segments will not have any QA Checker verifications performed on them. This allows you to skip segments with a certain match type from verification." This is the first line, so one should think it applies to all exclusion forms.

and:

"Under String based exclusions (one per line), type the strings you want to exclude from the QA check..."

I appreciate the way Studio works, but the help file needs some help!

Daniel

• I appreciate the way Studio works, but the help file needs some help!

I'd agree, it could use better clarification.