Unsupported CC2018 formatting in InCopy file type

Hi

May I make you aware of unsupported CC2018 formatting in the InCopy file type? It's kerning with a "nobreak" attribute:

Could you kindly pass that on to whoever works on file types? If it is as simple as it looks here, it would be nice to get it fixed. I know, CC2018 is "unsupported" - but maybe there is hope, too.

Daniel

• Hi

Thanks for reporting this.  I spoke with the responsible person and the response is that there is actually nothing to do here.  This is about formatting which is not supported in Studio, so instead of adding multiple attributes with information to try and explain what it is we consolidate to one attribute and display the message that there is unsupported formatting in that cf tag pair metadata.

What were you expecting?

• Hi

I was hoping to get rid of the tag if Studio knows it's just a kerning tag, but maybe the "nobreak" causes it to be imported. If it was clear that this is just preventing hyphenation in InDesign, then I would remove it from the source or it could be prevented from being read in the first place, like tracking and kerning tags, since it does not matter for the translation. If all I know is that it is "unsupported", then I don't know whether the target might need it.

Daniel