Is anyone know how to get the Pure Chinese words during analyze by using SDL Trados Studio?

Hi

I have one Simplified Chinese file need to analyze, I want to know the whole words which Trados can analyze it, and also I want to know the pure Chinese words, does anyone know how to get it, example below:

Source contents: 在 New York 的一天

The Total words is 6 which we can get from Trados, and also how can we know the pure Chinese words from Trados analyze, it should be 4 Chinese words here.

Please let me know if anyone can help, thank you!

Parents
  • There is no way to do this in Studio... but it sounds like a sensible enhancement.  You should create an idea for this:

http://ideas.sdl.com

I believe Word used to have a feature for this that needed activating and then it split the count when you looked at the Word statistics.  But they seem to have removed this in the latest versions for some reason.  If you have the older version of Word you could export for external review from Studio and then remove the unnecessary columns/rows so that you get the count based on the Word analysis.  Not great for a large project with many files I know.

I also wondered if Practicount might support this but I can't install it without lots of errors on my new laptop so you'd have to investigate that one yourself.

• There is no way to do this in Studio... but it sounds like a sensible enhancement.  You should create an idea for this:

http://ideas.sdl.com

I believe Word used to have a feature for this that needed activating and then it split the count when you looked at the Word statistics.  But they seem to have removed this in the latest versions for some reason.  If you have the older version of Word you could export for external review from Studio and then remove the unnecessary columns/rows so that you get the count based on the Word analysis.  Not great for a large project with many files I know.

I also wondered if Practicount might support this but I can't install it without lots of errors on my new laptop so you'd have to investigate that one yourself.

Children
No Data