I'm using Trados Studio 2019 and Excel 2016.
I tried the following: unblocked segments, merged splitted ones, I changend File Types order (MS Excel 2007-2016 before Excel 97-2003), I erased 126.96.36.199 folder in User > App Data > Roaming > SDL > Sdl Trados Studio. I don't know what I should check or change in WSN+ segment).
The file is very large and has many identical segments which have to be translated differentely in different parts; so, It would take me days to retranslate it.
Can you help.
One possible reason springs to mind...
Did you translate the sheet names? If so, keep them as in the original sheets.
So, in English if the sheet name (i.e. the name on the tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet) is 'Sheet 1' in the source, keep it as 'Sheet 1' in the Target also.
Hope it's as simple as this...
All the best,
No, I didn't translate it. Thank you anyway.
Could you post your common file settings so that we learn a bit more about your situation?
I have the following checked:
Headers and footers
and in Other settings:
Skip caracter spacing and kerning
Retan Studio target comments in target file
I could also send the error file, if you tell me how.
You can post the error file (the "stack trace") like this:
(This is SDL's official image, which I grabbed from another thread.)
I share Alison Field's suspicion about Worksheet names.
What do the target segments of the worksheet names look like? You can get Studio to only show those lines by using the Advanced Display Filter:
I'd make sure to copy all source segment values to the target segments for the worksheet names.
Once you're done, just click on "Clear" in the Advanced Display Filter.
Does that help?
The error file contents are:
<SDLErrorDetails time="12/08/2019 14:15:55">
<ErrorMessage>Failed to save target content: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</ErrorMessage>
<Type>System.NullReferenceException, mscorlib, Version=188.8.131.52, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
<StackTrace><![CDATA[ at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Excel.FilterControllerFramework.OfficeController.UpdateDocumentFile(XsltArgumentList argsList, XslCompiledTransform xslTransform, XPathNavigator child)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Excel.FilterControllerFramework.OfficeController.IterateXsltFiles(XsltArgumentList argsList, FileMap rule, XPathNodeIterator iter, Boolean isUpdate, String targetFilePath)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Excel.FilterControllerFramework.OfficeController.IterateContentType(String xslFileNamesPath, Boolean isUpdate, String filePath, String filterStr, String targetFilePath, Boolean isCalledByRelsTableIteration)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Excel.PlugInFilter.FileParser.DocumentExtractImpl.Update(DocumentCollection srcCollection, String filename, String tgtFilePath)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.Tmfc.TmfcReaderImpl.vv_Visit(TmfcReaderImpl* , FrameworkFileContainerField* field)
at FrameworkFileContainerField.vv_AcceptFrameworkVisitor(FrameworkFileContainerField* , FrameworkFieldVisitor* visitor)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.Tmfc.TmfcReaderImpl.vv_VisitStartEndField(TmfcReaderImpl* , StartEndField* startEnd)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.Tmfc.TmfcReaderImpl.b_VisitNext(TmfcReaderImpl* )
at Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor.TranslationEditor.SaveMonolingualAsJobRequest.Execute(IJobExecutionContext context)
at Sdl.Desktop.Logger.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Job._worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)]]></StackTrace>
<ProductName>SDL Trados Studio</ProductName>
<OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 10 Home</OperatingSystem>
And there's only one sheet and after filtering it looks like this:
My reply was considered "abusive" by the system. I'll try again (not including the error file contents and Trados Studio image after filtering).
There's only one Sheet and after filtering I can see Sheet1 in both the English and the target side. I Copied Source in that segment.
Also I saved a *.sdladfsettings file, which I don't know how to send or check.
Thanks in advance.
You should be able to paste screenshots into these posts.
FIles should be zipped (covert to a zip archive).
... and if you use the @ character and type the recipient's name afterwards without a space, the person will get a notification, DGS:
Hi again. Let's see if it works now.
Any other ideas?
DianaDg-error message and filter files.zip
The settings file contained Advanced Display Filter settings...
I can't see from the stack trace what the problem is, but somebody with more expertise might well be able to. The old Excel filter type was a bit error-prone, but the 2016 is not.
Did you read this: https://multifarious.filkin.com/2019/01/09/wot-no-target/
I am quite sure you don't have to translate the whole project again. There are many options before that.
1. If you have the Professional version of Studio, you can do PerfectMatch, which did the job in my little test file (3 source segments with the same value but different translations):
Second project with the same source file, using the sdlxliff of the first project as bilingual match source:
2. There is a free app on the SDL AppStore called "Export to Excel". Maybe this is useful in your case although you can't re-import.
I don't have the professional version. I'll try the app.
Thank your for your help.
I can't find the app "Export to Excel" in SDL AppStore. Can anybody send me the link.
Here's the link: Export to Excel