When a SOURCE Word document is saved from Studio 2019 after some edits, Japanese rubies are ignored.
Hello Yuji Yamamoto,
To help understand the issue here- could you explain which language direction you are working in please.
Also are you trying to correct the original source file (before actual translation)?
Do you have a document you can send us for testing purposes (with the exact workflow) please (email@example.com)
Japanese to English.I did correct the original documents, but that's not the problem.I tested a simple document, and I have noticed rubies didn't even appear as tags at all (before making any changes).I'm using Studio 2019 SR2.So I'd better rephrase my problem: Studio 2019 ignores Japanese rubies.
Yuji Yamamoto san,
Could you let me check on my side?
I will post what I get as a result later.
Actually the problem is that when you add furigana, the text turns to field (gray-shaded text that can be toggled with Shift+F9). When you save it as source from Studio, Studio randomly removes those field metadata. For example, if you copy a text with furigana and paste it 2 times just after the first instance (to have 3 blocks of text with furigana), Studio will import only those 2 pasted instances, but not the first one. And if you try to save as source from here, you will get the first instance unchanged with furigana (as a shaded field) and 2 other instances without furigana (as a plain text). So, Studio just cannot process furigana fields correctly. This is the issue, I suppose.
Tsuchida-san, OK, thank you.
Thank you, Stepan. I hope SDL could address this issue.